OP
OP
Fezbearer

Fezbearer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since it has been a few months since my last update, I figured I would give you a state of the tank.
The tank is chugging along nicely. Everyone is more or less content, though My carpenter's wrasse "Miguel" aka the jerk continues to dominate the tank. The clowns have decided that the tiki mug is no longer a good place to live and have decided that the front right corner is the new place to be. The caramel "Sybil" still sleeps under the same rock she always has, and "Basil" the gladiator has decided that he likes to lay on the sand at night. (Near gave me a heart attack when I saw it.)
I currently have PPE cyphastrea in the quarantine tank. Due to my own stupidity, I started bleaching it as I added too much light to the tank too early. It is slowly making a recovery.

IMG_1562.jpg

OP
OP
Fezbearer

Fezbearer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my carpenter’s wrasse had a major freak out last week. Last Saturday I was feeding the tank and the wrasse (who is afraid of any arm movement) tried to launch himself into orbit. After bouncing off the lid, he charged to the other end of the tank and bounced off the side glass before taking shelter in a cave. He is now afraid of me and hides whenever he sees me.
DB659025-E366-41C1-9F1B-4D8A13C2A7D9.jpeg

After observing him from the kitchen he doesn’t appear to be banged up. He swims the tank as long as he thinks I’m not present. I’m grateful fore that. Plus, he seems to be more chill and isn’t harassing the clowns.

OP
OP
Fezbearer

Fezbearer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since the summer months are when the rolling blackouts start hitting the bay area I picked up a power station in order to keep the critters alive. It just finished charging about 30 minutes ago, and am putting the generator through its paces to get an idea of how long it will last.
IMG_1885.jpg

Jimbo662

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since the summer months are when the rolling blackouts start hitting the bay area I picked up a power station in order to keep the critters alive. It just finished charging about 30 minutes ago, and am putting the generator through its paces to get an idea of how long it will last.
IMG_1885.jpg
Will be interesting to see the outcome. After the snowpocalyps I bought the Explorer 500 and wondered if I should have gone for the 1000.

OP
OP
Fezbearer

Fezbearer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the camera out last night to try to take some pictures of my fish. None of them really turned out all that well (plus my YWG is still hiding.) I was only able to take a decent pic of Pepe.
Aquarium (1 of 1).jpg

OP
OP
Fezbearer

Fezbearer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I forgot to post this on Sunday, but I woke up at 4:30 to the sounds of the tank shutting down due to a brownout. I’m so glad that I bought my Jackery powerbank last month. I plugged the return pump, heater, and one power head into it, and attempted to go back to bed. Didn’t sleep any, but the battery kept everything running for two hours until the power came back on.

dwair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I forgot to post this on Sunday, but I woke up at 4:30 to the sounds of the tank shutting down due to a brownout. I’m so glad that I bought my Jackery powerbank last month. I plugged the return pump, heater, and one power head into it, and attempted to go back to bed. Didn’t sleep any, but the battery kept everything running for two hours until the power came back on.
Glad you didn’t lose anything. I can never sleep when the power goes out

OP
OP
Fezbearer

Fezbearer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So its been a while since I updated. The clowns, wrasse, and gramma are doing fine. Added a tail spot Benny and a watchman goby. Theyve seen each other and have decided to live on opposite sides of the same. Rock. All the fish are doing fine. That said, I have a microscope coming tomorrow. I’m pretty sure I’m about to join the club nobody wants to join.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 37 43.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 23.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 30.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back