FIGHTING DINOS OVER A YEAR!!!! IM DONE!!!

vpierce3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Biodiversity is the key. That’s how I beat dinos a few years back.
Try adding Copepods and Phyto from Algae Barn. Add some macroalgae as well.
You can also “seed” your current rock with live rock rubble from LFS. Back in the 90s, when I started, few people had dinos because most started with live rock.
I wish you well.

shadow_k

I have a kickable face
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes, you just have to start over. 15gallon is not too hard to rip clean. I did a mini rip clean on my 25 lagoon in January. Tank has been Dino free since then and is doing great now.
I agree with the rip clean , I did it back in September with my 20 gallon I haven’t seen Dino’s since and I immediately saw an improvement in my corals fish and pod explosion. Don’t second think it do the rip clean. If you need pictures I can provide them

bstodds15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with the rip clean , I did it back in September with my 20 gallon I haven’t seen Dino’s since and I immediately saw an improvement in my corals fish and pod explosion. Don’t second think it do the rip clean. If you need pictures I can provide them
Could you send me pics on your clean?

after reading through this I’m now debating doing this on my 15g.

Eazy E

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Biodiversity is the key. That’s how I beat dinos a few years back.
Try adding Copepods and Phyto from Algae Barn. Add some macroalgae as well.
You can also “seed” your current rock with live rock rubble from LFS. Back in the 90s, when I started, few people had dinos because most started with live rock.
I wish you well.
This is part of what I did in a 75 gallon. I fought dinos for 6 months. I also did a 3 day blackout, 25w UV, and added a diamond goby since I had water column borne dinos. My dinos constantly stayed on my sand so I got the goby. He didn't touch the sand with the dinos, but he would cover them up. You need to hit them multifaceted and don't give up.

Cheezle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Add pods, live phyto and zooplankton
Works for me
That's what I did and now I've got a few different slime algaes and some GHA. Pretty sure I overdosed the live phyto though, which sucks .. but I don't have dinos anymore so I'd say it wasn't the worst trade deal in history

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.5%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 15.8%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.7%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 74 43.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%
Back