Fiji Chromis in QT

Qasimja

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ive had these chromis in QT for about 5 days this is my first time attempting to QT chromis. are they breathing heavily to any of you? or do they normally breathe like this? they are in 2.0ppm copper power verified by hanna checker and already on their third dose of metro doing it every 48 hours ammonia is 0 also btw 20g QT

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They do seem to be breathing a bit heavily to me ... @Jay Hemdal , any thoughts as to what might be stressing these Chromis?

Do you normally keep any PVC fittings or anything else for them to hide out in? Feeling exposed can definitely exacerbate stress . . .

OP
OP
Qasimja

Qasimja

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They do seem to be breathing a bit heavily to me ... @Jay Hemdal , any thoughts as to what might be stressing these Chromis?

Do you normally keep any PVC fittings or anything else for them to hide out in? Feeling exposed can definitely exacerbate stress . . .
Yes theres a big pvc elbow to hide in the middle of the tank they like to stick to the left side of the tank near the heater for some reason but that fish that was breathing heavy did not make it i found it dead about an hour ago i moved the angel to another QT so theres the 1 chromis left in that tank

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes - the chromis are definitely breathing too fast/deeply. Do you have anything breaking the surface tension of the water? Not just a pump moving water around, but something to de-gas any CO2, that is best done with bubbles.

Jay

OP
OP
Qasimja

Qasimja

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes - the chromis are definitely breathing too fast/deeply. Do you have anything breaking the surface tension of the water? Not just a pump moving water around, but something to de-gas any CO2, that is best done with bubbles.

Jay
yes i do on the right side of the tank

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah, well - with a good copper treatment in place, I was hoping for a non-disease reason for this.

How is the angel doing?

Jay

OP
OP
Qasimja

Qasimja

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah, well - with a good copper treatment in place, I was hoping for a non-disease reason for this.

How is the angel doing?

Jay
the angel is swimming normally and eating not breathing fast hes in another QT tank with copper at 1.9ppm and im gonna continue dosing metro every 48 hours

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 47 47.5%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 53 53.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 22 22.2%
  • None.

Votes: 26 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 9.1%
Back