Fiji Cube overflow boxes (1600, 2000, 2400 models) DO NOT work out of the box for Fiji 3/4" glass tanks!

Lucy's Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fiji Cube just confirmed to me that when you purchase a stand-alone Fiji overflow box (1600, 2000 or 2400 model) they DO NOT work out of the box for Fiji 3/4" glass tanks (including the Fiji 171gal) - despite the compatibility matrix published on their website that says the box works with 200gal, 240gl and 300gal tanks, AND despite popular retailer websites that claim the Fiji boxes work with 19mm (3/4") glass. They don't work! An additional bulkheads purchase is required. Fiji said the only way you can get the right bulkheads is if you purchase the 171gal & overflow box together - in which case they include 'longer bulkheads from lifegard 1.5” ABS bulkheads'.

To help folks avoid what i've been through in purchasing / returning two of these overflow boxes, does anyone know the part number of the 'longer lifegard 1.5" ABS bulkhead' that might work with a 3/4" glass tank? I estimate it would need to have 2-inches of thread depth to be able to exit the hole and leave enough room for the nut to screw on, but its not clear on the lifegard website what i need and Fiji Cube were very unhelpful and did not provide a SKU. Appreciate the help.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 15 31.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 10.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 14 29.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.1%
Back