Fijicube 32G AIO build

OP
jiffyjhn

jiffyjhn

View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rocks turned green since my last update. This week I started seeing some Coraline Algae growth(specks of purple/pink started appearing on top of the green rock surface and power head)

tempImage8cRWy0.jpg

Maxout
Click to watch best scape method in 5 easy steps!
OP
jiffyjhn

jiffyjhn

View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
oh I see. did you have them custom-made for this specific tank? I brought the exact AIO about a month now, and the lids I search for, mainly have to "custom" order
It comes in a DIY kit. you will have to build it yourself from the kit. The kit comes in a different sizes. you can get the smallest one which makes a 24"x24" cover at max, which is enough for this tank

QFlo

View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
looks amazing man, very natural.. been following this build for ideas.... may I see what your media basket looks like? I wanted to do a cheato refugium but have no clue where to start...My AIO compartments is very basic haha

If your jebao powerhead is placed in the back, wouldn't the outer magnet get rusted?

Attachments

• fiji.jpg
    fiji.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 6
  • fiji2.jpg
    fiji2.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 6
  • fiji3.jpg
    fiji3.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 4
OP
jiffyjhn

jiffyjhn

View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
looks amazing man, very natural.. been following this build for ideas.... may I see what your media basket looks like? I wanted to do a cheato refugium but have no clue where to start...My AIO compartments is very basic haha

If your jebao powerhead is placed in the back, wouldn't the outer magnet get rusted?
I have a picture of the media basket in earlier posts.
I've since then removed the Chaeto refugium, I think it was the source of my cyano problem. Initially the Chaeto was growing well. Then after I harvested it a few times, the remaining started to have die-off, and was polluting the tank. After removing the Chaeto the Cyano started going away. I think Chaeto does not work well in a AIO, since there is not sufficient room for it to tumble have have health growth.

Now I only have filter floss, followed by filter media. I still run the Chaeto light as the light+filter floss kinda acts like algae scrubber, and algae is getting removed every time I throw away old floss. I will post another picture of the basket next time I clean it.

Good point about the Jebao powerhead. I placed it on the back for aesthetics, but I never thought about possibility of rust. Since you mentioned it I checked the powerhead, the magnet itself is coated with a plastic coating, and it's further covered by the rubber housing. No rust so far.

Last edited:

QFlo

View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I have a picture of the media basket in earlier posts.
I've since then removed the Chaeto refugium, I think it was the source of my cyano problem. Initially the Chaeto was growing well. Then after I harvested it a few times, the remaining started to have die-off, and was polluting the tank. After removing the Chaeto the Cyano started going away. I think Chaeto does not work well in a AIO, since there is not sufficient room for it to tumble have have health growth.

Now I only have filter floss, followed by filter media. I still run the Chaeto light as the light+filter floss kinda acts like algae scrubber, and algae is getting removed every time I throw away old floss. I will post another picture of the basket next time I clean it.

Good point about the Jebao powerhead. I placed it on the back for aesthetics, but I never thought about possibility of rust. Since you mentioned it I checked the powerhead, the magnet itself is coated with a plastic coating, and it's further covered by the rubber housing. No rust so far.
ok thank you, yeah, I was going back and forth with either a fuge or a skimmer in that compartment, but now, prob in no rush

I have the same model powerhead, but it's on the side.. since there's no issue with rust on yours, I'm going to relocate it to the back, which looks way better

RAP

How long does it take to you to get an inch of acropora growth? (on average)

• A couple of weeks or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Up to 1 month

Votes: 8 8.1%
  • Up to 2 months

Votes: 10 10.1%
  • Up to 3 months

Votes: 19 19.2%
  • Up to 6 months

Votes: 22 22.2%
  • Up to 12 months

Votes: 8 8.1%