Filament coming out of Blue Ridge

exnisstech

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm 3 days into a fallow period after a bout with velvet. I moved all the coral to one end of the tank since I had to remove everything to get the remaining fish out. One of my blue Ridge started extending these long filaments. I'm not too Familiar with blue Ridge as this one came in on some rock so I have just been trying to keep it alive. I have another one broken off of this one in a different tank that shares the same sump. It is also exhibiting some filaments but just a fraction of the size of the one show. Is this normal for them or do you think it some kind of parasite inside the coral? Or is it maybe a self defence mechanism do to the palys being to close?

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not entirely sure. This almost looks like you have something hosting inside the coral. My Blue Ridge never done this. And the base of where those strings are coming out there's a hole. Perhaps it's some kind of a worm? And I see that one aptaisia lol.

OP
OP
exnisstech

exnisstech

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not entirely sure. This almost looks like you have something hosting inside the coral. My Blue Ridge never done this. And the base of where those strings are coming out there's a hole. Perhaps it's some kind of a worm? And I see that one aptaisia lol.
I'm glad you only saw the one :)

Back