[Fill in the Blank] if you have young children

Dkmoo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All

So, my first child is coming to an age where he's becoming very curious and can now pick stuff up to step on and climb to higher places. So naturually i'm concerned about my lid-less 29G, both for his sake and my corals/fish. So, i'm curious if other parents can share some stories, both for fun and my educational purposes, by filling the blank:

My ___ year old child _________________ to the tank and I had to _________________ to fix everything.

Have fun!

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
someone please find the picture here of the man's sump with: mr potatohead, Clorox, windex bottle, crayons, markers, stuffed animal, toy airplanes, and Kleenex all in at once as a morning gift from a small yet motile infant- its true. embellished maybe a bit but watch when they post it. this kid was given ample time, likely a false sleep caper.
if the cat had been avail it would have gone in too. I guarantee you the pic is a working sump with reef above it but a full toybox inside its the best reef pic ever

Last edited:

littlefishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, my 1 y/o loves to watch fish but most of all loves to climb furniture (walked at 9 mo) to try to stick his hands in our open tank.
I also am happy to have a small, very low maintenance tank bcs personal time disappears for about 8 or so months after birth.
Wiring is actually my biggest concern. Toddlers love to get ahold of cords, hoses, wires, etc, and pull.

Back