filter for 65g mixed reef?

DrZoidburg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That red sea one you ware talking about comes with one. There's other brands you can look at that are a little cheaper. Pro clear, SC aquariums...All come with sump. Aqueon if you don't mind a braced tank. Aqueon does not have sump but will still be cheapest option.

DrZoidburg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Water goes down to sump, and returns up. With some rock, bio media, or bio brick in one chamber. Filter sock, clean, change, repeat. When you get more bio load you might want to invest in a protein skimmer.

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm confused. How would i clean it? How does it pump into the tank? Sorry, im new to this lol.
Homeschooled 13 year old?! how can you afford a red sea tank? I had to make a sump (wet dry filter at the time) out of a bucket when i was 11 or 12 as my parents didnt want me to try to work with glass inserts, i also didnt have access to ready made acrylic sheets either or amazon prime. Realistically though it is much cheaper to get the tank drilled and run a diy 20-30 gallon sump on the tank. Albeit you might need a lot of help if you arent familiar with making a sump system.

OP
OP
Ro Bow

Ro Bow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Homeschooled 13 year old?! how can you afford a red sea tank? I had to make a sump (wet dry filter at the time) out of a bucket when i was 11 or 12 as my parents didnt want me to try to work with glass inserts, i also didnt have access to ready made acrylic sheets either or amazon prime. Realistically though it is much cheaper to get the tank drilled and run a diy 20-30 gallon sump on the tank. Albeit you might need a lot of help if you arent familiar with making a sump system.
been saving up for a longggggg time

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 34 29.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back