Filter media for Nuvo 40

1fastrock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello everyone

Im new to smaller all in one tanks and have always had bigger tanks with large sumps for reactors and all that. My tank has been set up for a week and seems to be doing well. I used seeded bio balls to get the tank cycling and will keep them in one of the racks for the future. I have ordered bags to hold carbon and gfo but am not sure when and how to start them. I also have a uv sterilizer that I can utilize. Right now I have 2 media racks 1 on either side running filter floss but it seems like I could get away with 1 holding the carbon and bio balls and then run the uv on the other side with filter floss in the top. Is this a good approach and if so when and how much carbon/gfo should I run. If it helps any I am extremely faithful with my water changes and plan on doing 5 gallons per week to help out with the filtration.

Thanks in advance for any and all help
1fastrock

dwair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don't have to run carbon 24/7. Nor GFO, only run GFO if your phosphates are high. UV Sterilzer is good. Bio Balls are good. Water change will probably keep a smaller tank like that in check pretty well as long as you are doing it weekly/bi weekly.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 105 86.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back