Filter Sock Holder for Biocube 32

scottj6

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm currently using an inTank basket in my Biocube 32 with filter floss on the top rack. I'm thinking about taking out that top shelf and putting a filter sock in. Does anyone know what size filter sock holder I would need?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I'm currently using an inTank basket in my Biocube 32 with filter floss on the top rack. I'm thinking about taking out that top shelf and putting a filter sock in. Does anyone know what size filter sock holder I would need?
Smallest is 4” although innovative marine has a miniature

Scubafrog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Waterbox has a 2.75" filter sock that they use in their smaller AIO aquariums. This may be an option.

CavalierReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If anyone is interested in doing this, I found a small filter sock that is meant for the Nuvo Fusion aquariums- Nuvo Fusion Filter Sock. I removed the top shelp of my inTank media basket and it works perfect. I think this will filter better than the filter pads that inTank recommends.
Does this leave room below for charcoal bag, chemiPure, etc?

OP
OP
S

scottj6

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Leaves plenty of room. I stick a bag of GAC mixed with GFO on the bottom shelf. Been working great

CavalierReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Leaves plenty of room. I stick a bag of GAC mixed with GFO on the bottom shelf. Been working great
Thanks for the response. That sounds like a great way to go. Now I have to wait until I use up this new supply of filter pads from inTank. :-(

OP
OP
S

scottj6

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm actually using filter pads on top of the opening of the filter sock to muffle the water fall noise. Keeps the sock cleaner longer too.

CavalierReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It just occurred to me that I will have to modify my inTank tower by removing the top shelf where I currently put filter pads to accommodate the sock. Not sure I want to do that.

OP
OP
S

scottj6

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It just occurred to me that I will have to modify my inTank tower by removing the top shelf where I currently put filter pads to accommodate the sock. Not sure I want to do that.
Yeah I mentioned that in my post that I had to do that. I think its worth it. Much better filtration with the sock and filter floss on top

CavalierReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the response, Scott. I'll just have to see if I can comfortably do that without breaking the whole thing.

OP
OP
S

scottj6

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the response, Scott. I'll just have to see if I can comfortably do that without breaking the whole thing.
I was worried about that as well. I used my bone cutter that I use to remove frag plug stems and cut the shelf out. Wear goggles though! Youll have pieces of the shelf flying

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is an old post, but I’ve been looking at this. Trying to figure out how to adapt it. Disappointed in my InTank.

Listed on Chewy ; Underwater Treasures Seapora 200 Micron Filter Sock​

williamreefer12909

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If anyone is interested in doing this, I found a small filter sock that is meant for the Nuvo Fusion aquariums- Nuvo Fusion Filter Sock. I removed the top shelp of my inTank media basket and it works perfect. I think this will filter better than the filter pads that inTank recommends.
Can u share pictures of how ur set up turned out??

joanropi17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm just thinking to do the same thing. Can you show me how did you set this up? I'll really appreciate it.

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just took a regular short Filter Sock with the plastic ring and wedged it in where I had modified the the back Chamber for the InTank. Used the InTank Water Director, which is available by itself, to direct the water into the Sock.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back