Filter sock mistake

mattaeus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So.. been running without one for first week, started with live rock and live everything but still added turbo which is why no sock..

Registered 0.32ppm of phosphates which I think are coming from live rock from LFS.. tried rowaphos and didn’t work.. so was getting ready to dose phosphat-e and getting ready added a sock to catch all the particles coming from the bound phosphates and completely forgot to wash the sock…

A storm of “dust” particles smacked the water and fish went nuts..

Will the dust particles hurt the fish? Should I remove them from the tank until it settles? Should I do a water change..? Run skimmer?? Or just wait it out and when settled add the phosphat-e?

Rtaylor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just let it run and don’t do anything about the phosphate. No need to even test phosphate for 3-6 months. You need to let the tank cycle and mature.

blecki

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have engineer gobies that like to try and turn the water white. The other fish don't mind.

OP
OP
mattaeus

mattaeus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got 2 beautiful longfin mocha storm clownfish in there that costed far more than I was expecting and I definitely don’t want to loose them due to a stupid mistake. They are the most beautiful Clownfish I’ve ever seen not gonna lie .

Back