Filtration help

COwCOw

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My canister filter broke and I'm wondering how long I could run without it while i get a replacement, I currently have 2 clownfish 1 shrimp 1 goby and 1 blenny Thanks!

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The biggest immediate risk is if that is the only thing that provided water movement in your tank. If it is then you need to get it replaced asap or buy a powerhead and get water movement in there especially at surface. If you already have plenty of water movement (gas exchange) then it is not nearly as urgent and is more a question of how long will it take for your fish to be impacted by nutrient levels that would presumably rise.

adittam

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The biggest immediate risk is if that is the only thing that provided water movement in your tank. If it is then you need to get it replaced asap or buy a powerhead and get water movement in there especially at surface. If you already have plenty of water movement (gas exchange) then it is not nearly as urgent and is more a question of how long will it take for your fish to be impacted by nutrient levels that would presumably rise.
This. If you have a hang on back filter you can use in the meantime, that would provide water movement as well.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back