Filtration stack

DaddyDaughterNano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys!

I’m in the process of setting up a JBJ 20 gal cube with my daughter. I ordered an InTank media basket for it, and I’m just wondering what you all recommend running in it for filtration. Steve from InTank recommended floss/Chemi-Pure Blue/Purigen. In their Evo 13.5 upgrade video, March from FragBox said they use floss/Chemi-Pure Elite/floss.

We’ll have plenty of rock in the tank and Marine Pure Gems in chamber 2 for biological filtration.

fishski13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys!

I’m in the process of setting up a JBJ 20 gal cube with my daughter. I ordered an InTank media basket for it, and I’m just wondering what you all recommend running in it for filtration. Steve from InTank recommended floss/Chemi-Pure Blue/Purigen. In their Evo 13.5 upgrade video, March from FragBox said they use floss/Chemi-Pure Elite/floss.

We’ll have plenty of rock in the tank and Marine Pure Gems in chamber 2 for biological filtration.
I run floss and polypad, bio gems, and than chemi-pure in my nano AIO. Even though my second chamber is half filled with biogem balls, the extra bio gems in the media basket just helps.

OP
OP
D

DaddyDaughterNano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, guys! Just a pair of clownfish and one or two TBD’s for now. I want to add coral, but right now I’ve spent so much on the initial setup (tank, light, media basket, heater, RO/DI, sand, rocks… Oi) that we’ll probably need to wait a bit before adding any for psychological recovery.

I’ve been reading a book that highly recommends skimmers and warns against carbon unless necessary. It started making me wonder if the Chemi-Pure and Purigen might actually be harmful for the livestock.

Back