FINAL DAY TO ORDER!!

Boonz28

View Badges
Reaction score
Glad I have not had anyone hold me under water to get a good pic. :D
I was transferring him from the bag he came in into the quarantine tank. I use my hand because I think it’s more gentle than a net and I took the picture specifically to share on this thread. Literally added 1/2 of a second to the amount of time he was out of the water. :rolleyes:
There’s always a critic though, I suppose it wouldn’t be the internet without the presence of one.

Brian_68

View Badges
Reaction score
I was transferring him from the bag he came in into the quarantine tank. I use my hand because I think it’s more gentle than a net and I took the picture specifically to share on this thread. Literally added 1/2 of a second to the amount of time he was out of the water. :rolleyes:
There’s always a critic though, I suppose it wouldn’t be the internet without the presence of one.
We all do it, no worries.

Arthacker87

View Badges
Reaction score
HOW DARE YOU take a fish out of water for a few seconds. Do you like to hold your breath when you go swimming. Sheesh ppl :D:D:D:D I kid with y'all. It's part of the hobby you husbandry after the pic shows how much you want to take care of it don't let it annoy ya too much boss man!!

Boonz28

View Badges
Reaction score
14704987-0F73-4DAC-871D-5DF65935AAD8.jpeg

Update from today, fins looking a lot better with the exception of that chunk missing on the dorsal. Still eating well and active. Hope everyone else who picked one up is having success as well.

Wilson159

View Badges
Reaction score
Honestly, I've had Petco customer service with better response times. Got a response once, telling me they weren't available yet. Ignored my questions regarding size request. Got an email the following week cancelling half my order, no explanation. Asked for a specific shipping date so I can be home for it, need to prearrange to be off work, never heard back. It's nice to see at least somebody got a gem tang...

DaneGer21

View Badges
Reaction score
One person out of 100 fish?!?

I’m seeing more and more people upset about the transactions, receiving sick fish, and now people posting about their dead fish.

Why be a sponsor if you can’t deliver? Oh wait, gain trust then take the money!

Boonz28

View Badges
Reaction score
One person out of 100 fish?!?

I’m seeing more and more people upset about the transactions, receiving sick fish, and now people posting about their dead fish.

Why be a sponsor if you can’t deliver? Oh wait, gain trust then take the money!
Man, that’s really sad to hear. Sounds like I got lucky. Where are you seeing the posts about sick/dead fish? :(

vlad2spinn

View Badges
Reaction score
Man, that’s really sad to hear. Sounds like I got lucky. Where are you seeing the posts about sick/dead fish? :(

Cell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
This thread is crazy. I'm curious if R2R ever investigates and/or cuts ties with sponsors if they suspect they arent acting legitimately. I think theres a general thought that if a company sponsors R2R they are somewhat vetted and deemed trustworthy. Maybe it's just me though.

LiamPM

View Badges
Reaction score
I am afraid a good intention from a retailer got messed up by a shady wholesaler and it will cost the retailer dearly.
Yeah....... im not so sure - Even the busiest person on the planet could still send a quick email whilst eating his cornflakes..............With one hand...... If you cant handle the communication with your customers, dont sell live animals that require communication as the most vital part of the transaction.

Badilac

View Badges
Reaction score
This thread is crazy. I'm curious if R2R ever investigates and/or cuts ties with sponsors if they suspect they arent acting legitimately. I think theres a general thought that if a company sponsors R2R they are somewhat vetted and deemed trustworthy. Maybe it's just me though.
I knew this was a bunch of crap when I could only get one reply from them to the questions I had about getting other fish. Glad they didn’t reply saved me the headache of having to deal with this crap. I also use to believe R2R vendors were more reliable until I have several bad experiences. Now I believe it’s more about the $$$ rather than making sure each vendor is a good one, so I am cautious about each potential purchase no matter who it is. I also always use my credit card through PP so I have two ways to dispute any potential issue.

jmags080307

View Badges
Reaction score
I knew this was a bunch of crap when I could only get one reply from them to the questions I had about getting other fish. Glad they didn’t reply saved me the headache of having to deal with this crap. I also use to believe R2R vendors were more reliable until I have several bad experiences. Now I believe it’s more about the $$$ rather than making sure each vendor is a good one, so I am cautious about each potential purchase no matter who it is. I also always use my credit card through PP so I have two ways to dispute any potential issue.
it's big time money. @$300 (gold sponsor, platinum is $350 a month) a month and 129 sponsors that's close to $500k a year.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
it's big time money. @$300 (gold sponsor, platinum is $350 a month) a month and 129 sponsors that's close to $500k a year.
I wish it were that cut and dry and we in fact made that much!! :)

I have reached out to RL and hopefully they will respond soon. There is no amount of “sponsor money” scenario where we would be unethical and comprise our good name as a community.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
How can reef2reef allow this to keep going. Very disappointing
If we pull this thread and shut them down now then we get accused of hiding and protecting.

If we let it run and hope that there was a hiccup, letting people continue to communicate then we get accused of only caring about money.

Please tell me the best recourse of action we have here currently?

TheHarold

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Agree it’s a lose lose situation. I think between them and Aqualocker, maybe a policy could be made regarding stores needing to possess livestock before selling? I know it sounds obvious lol.
That’s the whole point of an online store. These people playing with direct ship from wholesalers and leaving all risk and cost on consumers just (clearly) doesn’t work.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Agree it’s a lose lose situation. I think between them and Aqualocker, maybe a policy could be made regarding stores needing to possess livestock before selling? I know it sounds obvious lol.
That’s the whole point of an online store. These people playing with direct ship from wholesalers and leaving all risk and cost on consumers just (clearly) doesn’t work.
This should be obvious but almost impossible for us to know and enforce. BUT considering what has happened as of late it’s going to be something we “put in writing” for future sponsors.

TheHarold

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
This should be obvious but almost impossible for us to know and enforce. BUT considering what has happened as of late it’s going to be something we “put in writing” for future sponsors.
I wonder if that should apply to sponsors with hardware too- like Mindstream. Unless you possess a product, do not collect money for it? To prevent R2R from being a “Kickstarter” like platform, with a goal of collecting funding for something that may not be fulfilled.

Just my thought process- I am not sure if these situations are comparable, or if this could be enforced/fairly implemented.

Last edited:

Ken logan

Elite reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
If we pull this thread and shut them down now then we get accused of hiding and protecting.

If we let it run and hope that there was a hiccup, letting people continue to communicate then we get accused of only caring about money.

Please tell me the best recourse of action we have here currently?
I don’t think this is a hiccup. Sounds like they needed to borrow some money for 30 days. Best recourse of action is seeing if you can get answers. As they don’t respond back to the community

ARE YOU SATISFIED WITH THE EQUIPMENT YOU HAVE RUNNING ON YOUR REEF TANK NOW?

• Yes I'm satisfied

Votes: 142 43.8%
  • Somewhat satisfied but I want to add more in the future

Votes: 157 48.5%
  • No not satisfied

Votes: 25 7.7%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors
Chemi-pure.com - All-In-One Aquarium Filtration