Final Stages of New Tank Setup/ Plumbing Design Input Needed!

Brandon Rush

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm in the final stages of plumbing my new 200 gallon setup. I'm looking for any input/revisions before I get to work. I'm hoping combining my two Cor 20's wont be an issue. Thanks in advance!

Aquarium Plumbing Plan.png

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shut off valves (ball) and unions?

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why not just have your UV output be "T'd" back into your return to the tank? Also, have you considered ball valves on input or drain lines?
Edit: And you and @lapin beat me to it...

OP
OP
Brandon Rush

Brandon Rush

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why not just have your UV output be "T'd" back into your return to the tank? Also, have you considered ball valves on input or drain lines?
Edit: And you and @lapin beat me to it...

Good question I don't see why not, yea i'll have a gate valve on the main drain and ball valves/unions throughout. Thanks for the input

cmaxwell39

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there any way to prevent the flow just pushing through the T between the return pumps right back into the sump if you have one pump fail?

Any reason not to just plumb one Core 20 to each return in the tank since there seems to be 2 of them? This would be a little more plumbing but could eliminate potential issues with one pump overpowering the other or a short cycle if one pump fails. Just a thought.

OP
OP
Brandon Rush

Brandon Rush

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there any way to prevent the flow just pushing through the T between the return pumps right back into the sump if you have one pump fail?

Any reason not to just plumb one Core 20 to each return in the tank since there seems to be 2 of them? This would be a little more plumbing but could eliminate potential issues with one pump overpowering the other or a short cycle if one pump fails. Just a thought.

Good point, the only reason I wanted to have both go into one was to get exposure to both on the UV, probably put ball valves on each in case one fails I could simply cut it off and swap it out. I don't have a ton of head pressure issues so I'd just have to deal with lower flow till I got it swapped out.

cmaxwell39

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That would work. I personally would just worry about a failure while away from the tank for an extended period, but if you don’t travel much/at all ball valves on each would work.

Just one more thought, with your plumbing not all the water is going through the UV anyway so having them split really shouldn’t affect the exposure of tank water to the UV.

Back