Finally doing a real build

Eldritch_blast

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone! Im not exactly new to the hobby, but I intend to operate this build like I am because I have never been able to put something together like I am now. Over The past 15 years or so I have set up a couple FOWLR tanks and some nano reefs, nothing ever too expensive’ and always second or even third hand gear. My budget builds suited okay, but I kind of winged it and wasn’t ever really careful enough. After I lost my last nano to a crash I told myself I was going to hold off until I was settled in a place I could plan out a real build. A little over a year ago, I put a little 9 gallon tank on my kitchen countertop to house a Yasha and pistol shrimp, and while I sure do love watching those two, it made me realize I am ready to do that build I have been waiting for since 2004.
I have spent the past month or so getting caught up with current techniques and am blown away by the amount of information available on the forum, you guys rock.
I just wanted to pop in here and tell everyone how excited I am to be finally doing what I have always dreamed of with a reef tank and not trying to put something together from used gear that always bugs me from scruffs or scratches. I placed my order today on the tank, decided on a Cade 1200 S2. I had a difficult time making a decision, almost placed an order on a Waterbox Reef LX 190 but had a bit of sticker shock, when paired with the fact that I had no idea when I’d be able to get my hands on I decided on the Cade. No other equipment selected at this point, am constantly shopping around and rabbit holing on everything. I am STOKED though and had nobody else to share with that would understand how excited it makes me :D

OP
OP
Eldritch_blast

Eldritch_blast

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Eldritch_blast don’t know anything about Cade so I’m watching this one.
Right on, I will be starting my build thread probably tomorrow actually. I have a lot to do to get ready before I set this up!

Pretty big project right off the bat to tear apart my garage and build out a mixing station :)

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those CADE tank set ups are SWEET!!! Welcome to the salty family!! Looking forward to the build thread.
like a boss GIF

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 27 29.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 73 79.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 15 16.3%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 8 8.7%
  • Other

Votes: 8 8.7%
Back