Finally! No More Wandering Anemones!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
fishnreef

fishnreef

100% Aquacultured - Help Us Conserve and Preserve
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Green BTA seem to wander more than red (we have both in stock). Generic long tentacle seem to stay. Borneman anemones are very cool looking (in stock) split frequently, but may wander - we have not tried them in the Amenone Cradle but will do so now. Not sure if a crab wanders into them.

OP
OP
fishnreef

fishnreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like what I need with that said do you sell red or metallic open brain coral? Been looking for a while need a good red one as I have lots of green colored corals.

We have green with blue eye micromussa which are mini brain-like and great in like nano aquariums. Red blastomussa with green eyes. You may want to look at our red brick chalice for a super red coloration. Just type these names in our search bar. www.fishnreef.com.

OP
OP
fishnreef

fishnreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, we were asked so here is the pricing:

We have 3 sizes. And limited quantities. To buy click here -> Anemone Cradles

- about 2" with a 3/4"-1" hole
On sale 50% off - $14.99

- Medium - about 2 1/2" - 3 1/2" with about a 1" hole
+$5.99

- Large - about 3"- 4" with about a 1"-1 1/2" hole.
+$9.99

Shipping is $8.99 flat rate for any mix of Natural Reef Rock

Last edited:

Sir Chris

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My speckled indo hasn't. Over since he's happy. But my tri is lever happy so I'd b interested in 1.

Pola0502ds

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is awesome that someone came out with this! I know something like this works because i have a anemone that moved around a few times and the last time it found a very deep hole thats just wide enough for it. Once it found that hole it called it home for almost a year now. I think when this happens they get comfortable but also dont know how to get out of the hole..

OP
OP
fishnreef

fishnreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope a typo 3-4 feet or inches....lol need a 8' tank for that one.

Typo! Thank you!
We can make custom Anemone Cradles as well as rocks, shelfs, frag shelfs, stacks, arches, super large Clam Cradles, etc. Need pm'ed orders.

Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have four. The only that has moved is the original one that I have had for a year. He stays in one place for a month then moves. I have a small rock, a BTA and two long tentacle it's the LTA that moves doesn't bother anything at all even when he moves

randy4083

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you know what size to get because I have a rose anemone that keeps wandering everywhere that I just bought about 2 weeks ago

OP
OP
fishnreef

fishnreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you know what size to get because I have a rose anemone that keeps wandering everywhere that I just bought about 2 weeks ago

Looking at the anemone head size (tentacled part):

small - head is about 2"-3"
medium - head is 3"-6"
large - head is 6" - 10"
extra large - head is > 10"

Thanks.

ncaldwell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have this product but I can attest to having a bubble tip anemone stay put by giving it a hole like this to anchor into. I didn't know about this product but if I had I would have bought it instead of looking for a rock that already had a depression. Looks like a solid product to me

ebushrow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Knowing how people don't research often, you might want to put what anemones these will work with...just a suggestion

OP
OP
fishnreef

fishnreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Knowing how people don't research often, you might want to put what anemones these will work with...just a suggestion

Apart from the large carpet anemones or smaller rock flower/mini carpet anemones, for which we can create a custom rocks - ask us, the Anemone Cradle will work (i.e. long tentacle, bubble tip, rock flower/Borneman, Ritteri, Sebae, Condi, Hatian, etc.). If in doubt, send us a note.

Areseebee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apart from the large carpet anemones or smaller rock flower/mini carpet anemones, for which we can create a custom rocks - ask us, the Anemone Cradle will work (i.e. long tentacle, bubble tip, rock flower/Borneman, Ritteri, Sebae, Condi, Hatian, etc.). If in doubt, send us a note.
I think that's what they are asking though. For each of those anenomes which size would you recommend? For instance if someone is planning to purchase a BTA, which craddle would you recommend (assuming they are trying to buy a permanent home for it)?

authentic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I bought one because I have been considering a bta in my sps dominant system I am still not fully comfortable,planning on putting the bta in the cradle in a acclimation box until it is secured.would like to hear from others on their experiences

OP
OP
fishnreef

fishnreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that's what they are asking though. For each of those anenomes which size would you recommend? For instance if someone is planning to purchase a BTA, which craddle would you recommend (assuming they are trying to buy a permanent home for it)?

Good clarifications. Sizing the cradle based on the size of the foot and base stem is a method that is independent of the type of the anemone. The hole in the anemone cradle is smaller than the area inside of the Anemone Cradle cavity which allows a good amount of surface area for a variety of anemone sizes. So a larger foot can fit inside a cradle with a smaller hole. Aesthetically, the anemone rising up from or covering the Anemone Cradle looks best. Looking at the foot, a rough guide would be:

Foot size about 1/2"- 1" - small
Foot size about 1" - 1 1/2" - medium
Foot size about 1 1/2" - 2 1/2" - large
Foot size about 2" - 4" - extra large

We can provide other sizes for larger anemones.

Hope this helps.

OP
OP
fishnreef

fishnreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought one because I have been considering a bta in my sps dominant system I am still not fully comfortable,planning on putting the bta in the cradle in a acclimation box until it is secured.would like to hear from others on their experiences

Agree with you. It is a good idea to wait a day in lower flow water for the anemone to attach to the Anemone Cradle.

OP
OP
fishnreef

fishnreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Good clarifications. Sizing the cradle based on the size of the foot and base stem is a method that is independent of the type of the anemone. The hole in the anemone cradle is smaller than the area inside of the Anemone Cradle cavity which allows a good amount of surface area for a variety of anemone sizes. So a larger foot and fit inside a cradle with a smaller hole. Aesthetically, the anemone rising up from or covering the Anemone Cradle looks best. Looking at foot, a rough guide would be:

Foot size about 1/2"- 1" - small
Foot size about 1" - 1 1/2" - medium
Foot size about 1 1/2" - 3" - large

We can provide other sizes for larger anemones.

Hope this helps.

OP
OP
fishnreef

fishnreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,
We are having a special where there's only one shipping charge for multiple Anemone Cradles.
Thanks.
Fishnreef team

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 60 85.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back