Finally showcasing my SPS monster... 1300 gallon display... 2000 gallon system... and many past displays

Mark1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just an amazing tank...Thank you so much for sharing this with us. I too am hoping to bring Italian back into our family and then travel to Calabria and visit where we are from!

Thanks Again!!

a hill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The humility and pride in your writing always seems authentically balanced, a quality that is much too rare these days.

As a hobbyist, I’m transitioning into dream tank builds now as well. I appreciate you sharing what works best for you, I’m normally not a fan of fiberglass tanks, but yours is making me reconsider.

That moving quote was absurd, and now has me concerned. I’m likely putting a 1350 gallon glass tank in a second floor condo and will need to lift it through a window. I never considered the rigging company might be that absurd. Hopefully my zip code is cheaper! Maybe there’s dudes in Arizona, or they need a change of scenery.

-Andrew

MartinM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for a great write-up, and I definitely appreciate attention to detail. It’s a very, very rare Skill.

hhaase

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just read through this one, and it definitely brought me back seeing Joe's reef out there in Riverhead. Visited there many times when I still lived on Long Island. Good club out there as I recall.

I'll definitely follow along.

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
@copps

Enjoyed your talk at the Brooklyn Aquarium Society a few years back and didn't realize you're on here. I remember that yours was one of the most well-planned build I've seen.

Hoping to see some updated shots of your amazing setup.

bibarassa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi copps stunning tank. As we say in Italy “genes are not water”….. Michelangelo, Raffaello, Leonardo docet………

MartinM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you keep angels with clams?
I have a queen angel who for some reason leaves small clams alone and nips at large clams constantly. So, I have a lot of large clams in the sump ><

djf91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a queen angel who for some reason leaves small clams alone and nips at large clams constantly. So, I have a lot of large clams in the sump ><
Yep, I’m wanting to pull the trigger on a large angel for my 500 gal. SPS display but have a maxima clam and don’t want it to get decimated. Will definitely try Navarchus but was also wanting to add an Emperor or Blue line.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 94 87.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back