Finally transferring fish, is it best to direct transfer or drip acclimate still?

fishski13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am finally moving my butterfly and tang from a canister filter system to a new bigger sump system. My salinity and temperature are the same in both systems however my pH is different. In the current system the pH is around 7.8 while in the new system around 8.2. Would it be fine to directly transfer them, or would it be best to drip acclimate them? Thanks for any help.

landlubber

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally think either drip acclimation or transferring a scoop of water every 15 mins for an hour would be enough. inverts are the ones that seem to be the most finnicky about water chemistry changes IME.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I am finally moving my butterfly and tang from a canister filter system to a new bigger sump system. My salinity and temperature are the same in both systems however my pH is different. In the current system the pH is around 7.8 while in the new system around 8.2. Would it be fine to directly transfer them, or would it be best to drip acclimate them? Thanks for any help.
Acclimate as if you just purchased them but in this case your goal is to equalize salinity and even PH- Not a full blow acclimation unless you desire to

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 34 29.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back