Finding Sauce (a lot of tanks in a little time) RSR 250 Nem tank

Should this thread get an obituary, or turned into the nem thread?

• Kill it with fire

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Kill it with Draino

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Merci Mister...

Votes: 17 89.5%

• Total voters

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
They had this. I had never seen one. My middle kid is obsessed with eels.
PXL_20220804_225625351.jpg
You know i love those. I melt every time. He looks blue

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ribbon eels are easy to care for. Just as long as they're healthy. My second saltwater fish was a ribbon. First was a sacrificial damsel. Long long story.
Is that the same as yours?

It was very blue on the bottom. It has crazy puffy eyebrows.
Mines most likely female. They smell other fish like they are dogs. If you want to set up a tank, 50g will last a year to 4. Depending on him. 5ft long is nice stretching room.

Whats the asking price?

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ribbon eels are easy to care for. Just as long as they're healthy. My second saltwater fish was a ribbon. First was a sacrificial damsel. Long long story.

Mines most likely female. They smell other fish like they are dogs. If you want to set up a tank, 50g will last a year to 4. Depending on him. 5ft long is nice stretching room.

Whats the asking price?
I don't know what they were asking. I didn't actually read the tag. I didn't know it was a ribbon. Just a cool looking I don't know eels at all.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I don't know what they were asking. I didn't actually read the tag. I didn't know it was a ribbon. Just a cool looking I don't know eels at all.
In my own opinion, 3/3 healthy eaters. They got a bad rep from collection methods. Ribbons are pretty gentle on the predator list. My firefish is still in the tank and swims by her lair. I was worried he'd make for fine dinning.

If that eel was something you'd plan on for your son, I'll give what ever info you like.

Mind you, i have 0 experience with any other eels.

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my own opinion, 3/3 healthy eaters. They got a bad rep from collection methods. Ribbons are pretty gentle on the predator list. My firefish is still in the tank and swims by her lair. I was worried he'd make for fine dinning.

If that eel was something you'd plan on for your son, I'll give what ever info you like.

Mind you, i have 0 experience with any other eels.
I've told him that as soon as he is ready to care for the tank, he can have one. He doesn't want the responsibility, and I'm not keen on taking care of someone else's full time. Ball in his court.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've told him that as soon as he is ready to care for the tank, he can have one. He doesn't want the responsibility, and I'm not keen on taking care of someone else's full time. Ball in his court.
That's the way to do it. Much respect.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering if you seen it recently. Natures select. I haven't set foot in there since my last rant. Which ever month that was.
23 Jan 22 was the day I was kicked out of the store. After the owner told a customer that he didn't want to use an uto top of because it will lower alkalinity and to combat this he needed to use a ph buffer
I told the owner to stop giving advice till he knew how to keep a reef tank and stocked proper equipment. That's what got me removed from the store.

Last edited:

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
They had a fire?
Something happened to their sign.
23 Jan 22 was the day I was kicked out of the store. After the owner told a customer that he didn't want to use an uto top of because it will lower alkalinity and to combat this he needed to use a ph buffer
I told the owner to stop giving advice till he knew how to keep a reef tank and stocked proper equipment. That's what got me removed from the store.
Yuh, I feel sorry for their live stock. We drove by due to a detour.

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lost lost a reef...
PXL_20220801_205222194.jpg
PXL_20220801_225828673.jpg

I've learned today that it takes roughly 40 seconds for 150ish gallons, to evacuate a tank, into the floor, through a cracked bottom, at 9am.
OMG just catching up OMG!!!!

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know i am super late but seriously anything i can do please let me know. Like everyone else here i am amazed at your chillness, Happy that you have a rockin LFS and hoping that everything goes quickly at the new tank shop. Also go for the 300. Hope the coral stay happy the fish make it back to you safe and that your new tank is even sausier then this one was. The positives will far outweighs the negatives and we are all here ready to lend whatever help we can. if anyone can come out of this smelling dank its you.

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know i am super late but seriously anything i can do please let me know. Like everyone else here i am amazed at your chillness, Happy that you have a rockin LFS and hoping that everything goes quickly at the new tank shop. Also go for the 300. Hope the coral stay happy the fish make it back to you safe and that your new tank is even sausier then this one was. The positives will far outweighs the negatives and we are all here ready to lend whatever help we can. if anyone can come out of this smelling dank its you.
Thanks homie. I appreciate the kind words. Nothing is happening quickly over here.

Lead time/build time on a new tank is 8-12 weeks minimum. Juggling a bunch of things while trying to nail down the way forward still.

Once I figure out who's on first, I'll let yall know.

Soren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sure missed a lot being off work and travelling earlier this week!
Great job on keeping your head through it all, and that is great that you have such a helpful and great LFS!
As the others, I'm hoping your reef pulls through okay so you have a great start for your new 300. ;)

On a side note:
Mini rant..

The main board is essentially unreadable due to full on ADVICE by a select few who can recall a soundbite but know essentially Nothing. Who have not Done it, Ever.
I feel this as well. When I respond, it is only with basic research information that I am very confident that I understand correctly (such as occasional ID) since I recognize my inexperience. If I am only somewhat certain, I make that clear. If I am only sort of certain, I just leave it to others with more experience. No way will I answer to how something should be done unless I am confident I am pointing in the right direction for continued research and am only giving suggestions toward experienced reefers that can answer the question from experience while making as much quite clear. As an engineer, I'll be confident in giving my reefing advice to others once I have a solid 50+ years of reefing...

Correlative story from personal experience:
At my first engineering job after college, I worked under an experienced engineer that was considered a know-it-all by people around him. As I got to know him, I learned that their view was just annoyance that he knew more than they did. As I found, he was a "know-it-all" because he actually knew a lot about almost all topics people discussed and was rarely ever wrong, but he was also quick to just say so when he did not know about something. He only added to the discussion when he was quite certain the information he gave was very accurate.
Others notice when you know something they don't, but rarely notice when you admit you don't know something, no matter how close of a ratio between the two that you keep...:confused:

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Something happened to their sign.

Yuh, I feel sorry for their live stock. We drove by due to a detour.
I feel bad for the building it's so full of mold and mildew. I can't imagine it would be good for anybody or anything.

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sure missed a lot being off work and travelling earlier this week!
Great job on keeping your head through it all, and that is great that you have such a helpful and great LFS!
As the others, I'm hoping your reef pulls through okay so you have a great start for your new 300. ;)

On a side note:

I feel this as well. When I respond, it is only with basic research information that I am very confident that I understand correctly (such as occasional ID) since I recognize my inexperience. If I am only somewhat certain, I make that clear. If I am only sort of certain, I just leave it to others with more experience. No way will I answer to how something should be done unless I am confident I am pointing in the right direction for continued research and am only giving suggestions toward experienced reefers that can answer the question from experience while making as much quite clear. As an engineer, I'll be confident in giving my reefing advice to others once I have a solid 50+ years of reefing...

Correlative story from personal experience:
At my first engineering job after college, I worked under an experienced engineer that was considered a know-it-all by people around him. As I got to know him, I learned that their view was just annoyance that he knew more than they did. As I found, he was a "know-it-all" because he actually knew a lot about almost all topics people discussed and was rarely ever wrong, but he was also quick to just say so when he did not know about something. He only added to the discussion when he was quite certain the information he gave was very accurate.
Others notice when you know something they don't, but rarely notice when you admit you don't know something, no matter how close of a ratio between the two that you keep...:confused:
we worked together?:cool:

Soren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
we worked together?:cool:
:cool: I would have guessed that description to also fit you, though I did not think your name was Tom?

I hope to earn the same respect by all I interact with... The more I learn, the more I know that I don't know, but the experiences along the way are invaluable when I reflect on them properly.

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
120 finished the qt cycle, those fish went back to their home with my buddy Rich.

Cleaned and reset it, moved all tangs and triggers x the orange shoulder who is living in the sump currently recovering from the DJ.

Flame angel and tiny FoxFace into the anenome tank where the orchid Dottie is being a jerk.

40b now only has clowns and wrasse +2 PJ'S.

Everyone should be a lot happier with the changes.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%

Back