Finding Sauce (a lot of tanks in a little time) RSR 250 Nem tank

Should this thread get an obituary, or turned into the nem thread?

• Kill it with fire

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Kill it with Draino

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Merci Mister...

Votes: 17 89.5%

• Total voters

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I asked her to smile for the camera and this is what I got. ;)

DSC_0016 (1024x789).jpg
Is her name Felicia?

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So in an unfortunate series of events, my Awesome Coral shop, Aquarium Connection,who has been housing my corals; caught fire before opening Saturday morning.

I got a call from a friend seeing a new story with his coffee. This is what it looked like when they let us in, ~3 hours after the fire was out, 4 hours after it was called in.
PXL_20221001_201343571.jpg
PXL_20221001_222108244.jpg

What the pictures don't show is the amount of sunken burned debris in all the tanks.

I made out the best. My tank was farthest away from the fire, the acrylic warped and didn't break. Most of my coal were still covered in ash and debris.

Brought home everything. Set them up here.
PXL_20221002_012406917.jpg
PXL_20221002_012411718.jpg

This was night one. Neither pic looks like that any more.
Brains are good, elegance is good. Bubble is iffy. Earl remains, but after going on a diet.

**** happens??

Last edited:

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
So in an unfortunate series of events, my Awesome Coral shop, Aquarium Connection,who has been housing my corals; caught fire before opening Saturday morning.

I got a call from a friend seeing a new story with his coffee. This is what it looked like when they let us in, ~3 hours after the fire was out, 4 hours after it was called in. This is what it looked like.

What the pictures don't show is the amount of sunken burned debris in all the tanks.

I made out the best. My tank was farthest away from the fire, the acrylic warped and didn't bend. Most of my coal were still covered in ash and debris.

Brains are good, elegance is good. Bubble is iffy. Earl remains, but after going on a diet.

**** happens??
Those coral wanna LIVE!
I cannot believe how much they've gone through and still look awesome!

Oh man... I'm so sorry you're going through all this.

Scratch08

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I got a call from a friend seeing a new story with his coffee. This is what it looked like when they let us in, ~3 hours after the fire was out, 4 hours after it was called in. This is what it looked like.

I made out the best. My tank was farthest away from the fire, the acrylic warped and didn't bend. Most of my coal were still covered in ash and debris.

**** happens??
I have plenty of words for this… unfortunately I can’t use any of them on here. That is absolutely insane… glad our corals survived it ;) …super bummed about the shop though

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have plenty of words for this… unfortunately I can’t use any of them on here. That is absolutely insane… glad our corals survived it ;) …super bummed about the shop though
Yeah. This was a family run business locally 30 years. @F i s h y has been there. It's one of the good ones. Given the state we reside in, it will be a long time before they can reopen. It's terrible.

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Holy s h i t B...you have had 1 he ll of a few month :eek:

Way to get what you could ;)

Poor shop and all those fish and coral :(
Dan you have no idea how lucky I've been in retrospect. Reasonably, None of those coral should be alive at this point. It Amazes me..

Most of the SPS is understandably skeleton, Euphyllia heads are bailing, but a lot looks like it's going to pull through. Again... Amazes me

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Dan you have no idea how lucky I've been in retrospect. Reasonably, None of those coral should be alive at this point. It Amazes me..

Most of the SPS is understandably skeleton, Euphyllia heads are bailing, but a lot looks like it's going to pull through. Again... Amazes me
They truly are amazing creatures with the will to live.

It does go to show you how resilient corals can be and unfortunately how bad some tanks are.

Your corlas go through all of this and some live and soon we will Get to see them all thriving in a new 300g+ monster :star-struck: :face-blowing-a-kiss:

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They truly are amazing creatures with the will to live.

It does go to show you how resilient corals can be and unfortunately how bad some tanks are.

Your corlas go through all of this and some live and soon we will Get to see them all thriving in a new 300g+ monster :star-struck: :face-blowing-a-kiss:
Bro it's going to be a very Empty looking Three hundo for a bit.

I'm toying around with the idea of an additional torch Island.. you wouldn't understand
Suspicious Kenan Thompson GIF by Saturday Night Live

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Bro it's going to be a very Empty looking Three hundo for a bit.

I'm toying around with the idea of an additional torch Island.. you wouldn't understand
Suspicious Kenan Thompson GIF by Saturday Night Live
MANY MANY TORCH ISLANDS...room for 3 at least :face-with-hand-over-mouth:
Give Gimme More GIF by DASDING

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back