Finding Sauce (a lot of tanks in a little time) RSR 250 Nem tank

Should this thread get an obituary, or turned into the nem thread?

• Kill it with fire

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Kill it with Draino

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Merci Mister...

Votes: 17 89.5%

• Total voters
OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I stopped vodka dosing, they say the fish don't care! ;)

DSC_0012 (1024x684).jpg
Cheers Simon

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So we know what the new tank is gonna look like. What are you going to do for a stand? Just wondering.
It'll be the same design as the previous one, with one additional center brace. Construction lumber frame, skinned with cabinet grade ply, painted. As with the 180 stand, cabinet doors will have to wait a bit.

Given the dimensions, I'm unable to use the existing doors. If the Tank was an inch longer or the doors where a half in more narrow, they would have worked for the front at least.

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Visitation went well. Had to move a few things around. Lost a Digi that has been bleaching at a snails pace for months. It happens. PC rainbow got half cocked from the RBTA. A few Duncan Heads got got from a sweeper. Met some more cool local reefers.
PXL_20220927_234802814.jpg

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Visitation went well. Had to move a few things around. Lost a Digi that has been bleaching at a snails pace for months. It happens. PC rainbow got half cocked from the RBTA. A few Duncan Heads got got from a sweeper. Met some more cool local reefers.
PXL_20220927_234802814.jpg
Be careful you don't let them stay too long. They may like it better at that house and then won't want to come home.

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Be careful you don't let them stay too long. They may like it better at that house and then won't want to come home.
Haha. There have been Quite A few people that wanted to buy the entire lot of corals.

Tempting, but No.

Everyone is surviving there. Nobody's thriving. The euphyllia don't love one directional flow. The acro aren't getting enough light and many have turned into their " low light" colors, which honestly kind of sucks as I prefer the high light colors. The Gorgs are not super open polyp wise. I'll be happy to get everyone back in my tank, where they will have what they want and need.

The cool part is I've met a lot of people when I'm there feeding and doing maintenance. I've given away a lot of duplicate frags or just stuff I didn't need/love. Thinning the heard slowly.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha. There have been Quite A few people that wanted to buy the entire lot of corals.

Tempting, but No.

Everyone is surviving there. Nobody's thriving. The euphyllia don't love one directional flow. The acro aren't getting enough light and many have turned into their " low light" colors, which honestly kind of sucks as I prefer the high light colors. The Gorgs are not super open polyp wise. I'll be happy to get everyone back in my tank, where they will have what they want and need.

The cool part is I've met a lot of people when I'm there feeding and doing maintenance. I've given away a lot of duplicate frags or just stuff I didn't need/love. Thinning the heard slowly.
What do you have your coral under normally in terms of PAR?

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you have your coral under normally in terms of PAR?
Acro were sitting 3-450, euphyllia 125-200 the sand bed was anywhere from 55- 100.

I think the biggest change in the holding tank at the LFS for the coral is actually the lack of live rock life, and lack of dissolved nutrients. The system I'm occupying was very new and sterile and is fishless. I was having to dump skimmate in for a few weeks to keep from bottoming out. Normally I run 30~ nitrates so that was quite a difference.

Last edited:

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 161 61.7%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 69 26.4%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 90 34.5%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Other

Votes: 69 26.4%
Back