Finding Sauce (a lot of tanks in a little time) RSR 250 Nem tank

Should this thread get an obituary, or turned into the nem thread?

• Kill it with fire

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Kill it with Draino

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Merci Mister...

Votes: 17 89.5%

• Total voters

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This current series of unfortunate events is insane and hard to wrap my head around. Honestly you handle it with such grace and positivity. My heart sank when I saw the first picture of the shop and instantly noticed your tank and how black the outside looked. :eek::anxious-face-with-sweat::eek:.

And then I saw it... EARL SURVIVED!
fuck yeah success GIF

Seriously though, my heart goes out to you and your commitment to keep going. Hopefully the ones you were able to save, still keep improving. I'm utterly amazed.

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This current series of unfortunate events is insane and hard to wrap my head around. Honestly you handle it with such grace and positivity. My heart sank when I saw the first picture of the shop and instantly noticed your tank and how black the outside looked. :eek::anxious-face-with-sweat::eek:.

And then I saw it... EARL SURVIVED!
**** yeah success GIF

Seriously though, my heart goes out to you and your commitment to keep going. Hopefully the ones you were able to save, still keep improving. I'm utterly amazed.
Thanks homie. I don't really know any other way to handle it. . Uncontrollable events are just that, uncontrollable. I COULD get Super peeved off but it will do exactly Zero good. Wouldn't unbreak the 180, wouldn't unfire the shop, definitely wouldn't undead the acro.

I'll be honest, there have been a few times that I go through my mental list of everything that has to be done to get the next one set up and ask myself "why are you doing this again??" I think that's natural.

Whereas the 180 was about Full, the 312 is very likely going to look quite empty for a bit. That's probably a good thing. I'm thinking I may not even have enough live rock to get the scape that I want. I'll figure it out. I always do. If nothing else, I'll be starting with my 10 tang gang in there, so there will definitely be something cool to look at.

Scratch08

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks homie. I don't really know any other way to handle it. . Uncontrollable events are just that, uncontrollable. I COULD get Super peeved off but it will do exactly Zero good. Wouldn't unbreak the 180, wouldn't unfire the shop, definitely wouldn't undead the acro.

I'll be honest, there have been a few times that I go through my mental list of everything that has to be done to get the next one set up and ask myself "why are you doing this again??" I think that's natural.

Whereas the 180 was about Full, the 312 is very likely going to look quite empty for a bit. That's probably a good thing. I'm thinking I may not even have enough live rock to get the scape that I want. I'll figure it out. I always do. If nothing else, I'll be starting with my 10 tang gang in there, so there will definitely be something cool to look at.
I have about 150 lbs of KP Aquatics dry rock sitting in a barrel on the patio…still dry. I’d be happy to send you however much of it you want/need to build your scape with. You’ll have to seed it with your current live rock, but it’s yours if you want it.

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have about 150 lbs of KP Aquatics dry rock sitting in a barrel on the patio…still dry. I’d be happy to send you however much of it you want/need to build your scape with. You’ll have to seed it with your current live rock, but it’s yours if you want it.
You're my boy Blue!

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep getting ripped and thinking about names for the next build thread, but I rarely write them down, so I rarely remember. I'm just going to start random dropping names in here. Feel free to name drop.
How about… “A sauce has been found”

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are a brother from another continent, the few that I spoke too that day know who they are, Frank is my brother from another mother due to history, I started reading this earlier and had to click away, best Simon vibes headed you way, I know you've got this but the twins are ok so if you want to kick Murphy this way go for it, so sad about the shop.

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are a brother from another continent, the few that I spoke too that day know who they are, Frank is my brother from another mother due to history, I started reading this earlier and had to click away, best Simon vibes headed you way, I know you've got this but the twins are ok so if you want to kick Murphy this way go for it, so sad about the shop.
I love you too Simon.

shootingstar_reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bro...what the heck. im speechless. Props to your coral for reasonably making it through, and im sorry you have to face another obstacle. That is an absolutely crazy story. I went to that store too, they had some dope stuff and the staff was nice.

Like others said, here 4 u if you need anything - im somewhat local. A helping hand, drinking buddy, I think I have some extra lights floating around?

best wishes and keep us in the loop!

For the new build thread name...do you wanna keep with the 'sauce' theme? or start something different?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Back