Finding Sauce (a lot of tanks in a little time) RSR 250 Nem tank

Should this thread get an obituary, or turned into the nem thread?

• Kill it with fire

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Kill it with Draino

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Merci Mister...

Votes: 17 89.5%

• Total voters

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only issue I have with mine is when it gets cold in the winter the pressure drops by like 20.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
silent film lol GIF by Charlie Chaplin
Sons Of Anarchy Danger GIF by The Gentlemen
mindy kaling indi lahiri GIF by Fox TV
;):)

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hoa makes any upside not worth it.
Why you think I brought it up, lol. If I don't transfer out of CA work wise in the next few years this joint I'm living in is becoming a rental property. My HOA is weird, fees aren't bad but they go after you on stupid stuff... Like when the trash goes in/out. Funny is that you really have a issue, they fall over themselves, it's like cat herding.

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Random question (figure I'd get it answered here)...

Pineapple sponges, how do you get rid of them! 20+ years of dunking fish into home confinement and never had a problem until my 120 got refilled in August. They are EVERYWHERE... Total PITA.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Random question (figure I'd get it answered here)...

Pineapple sponges, how do you get rid of them! 20+ years of dunking fish into home confinement and never had a problem until my 120 got refilled in August. They are EVERYWHERE... Total PITA.
Get a silicate test and test your rod water and tank water. They thrive on it and why they are usually seen on new systems. They consume the silicates from new sand/rocks.

More than likely, you have excess silicates and need to reduce them. If in RODI after, you may need a silicate buster add on filter. I have to have one or I end up with a crap ton.

If filters are old, may just be time to change them.

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get a silicate test and test your rod water and tank water. They thrive on it and why they are usually seen on new systems. They consume the silicates from new sand/rocks.

More than likely, you have excess silicates and need to reduce them. If in RODI after, you may need a silicate buster add on filter. I have to have one or I end up with a crap ton.

If filters are old, may just be time to change them.
I'm leaning towards the 100+ pounds of new sand along with about half of the 100 pounds of rock being new. I kept my 50g display running, so I added a bit of new to the 120g. Never had a problem until the tank restart and both tanks are supplied from the same RODI. 50g isn't having any issues.

So hopefully the sponges will lap up the silicate from the new sand and new rock asapish! Any suggestions to remove silicate from the water column? I have some poly filter for a cataclysmic event, iirc that pulls silicates?

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why you think I brought it up, lol. If I don't transfer out of CA work wise in the next few years this joint I'm living in is becoming a rental property. My HOA is weird, fees aren't bad but they go after you on stupid stuff... Like when the trash goes in/out. Funny is that you really have a issue, they fall over themselves, it's like cat herding.
Its likely the only iota of power the board has. I kinda feel sad for them, thinking controlling trash cans is important.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm leaning towards the 100+ pounds of new sand along with about half of the 100 pounds of rock being new. I kept my 50g display running, so I added a bit of new to the 120g. Never had a problem until the tank restart and both tanks are supplied from the same RODI. 50g isn't having any issues.

So hopefully the sponges will lap up the silicate from the new sand and new rock asapish! Any suggestions to remove silicate from the water column? I have some poly filter for a cataclysmic event, iirc that pulls silicates?
It does not remove much. In terms of pulling silicates, most things that do it also pull out phosphates. If you have all of that new sand, I say just let it ride and they will consume it pretty quickly.

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Its likely the only iota of power the board has. I kinda feel sad for them, thinking controlling trash cans is important.
That or the person living next to the trash cute got on the board because they really hear it in their unit. lol I was on one of these boards... its mainly about the squeaky wheels; not nefarious intent.

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That or the person living next to the trash cute got on the board because they really hear it in their unit. lol I was on one of these boards... its mainly about the squeaky wheels; not nefarious intent.
were you the squeaky wheel?

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
were you the squeaky wheel?
lol no; I was smoking the reefer and wanted to stay ahead of any complaints. lol

also somebody has todo it... may as well check it out.

turns out i was being paranoid. haha

I always did pity the person who lived near the cute though...

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 34.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 15.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back