Finding Sauce (a lot of tanks in a little time) RSR 250 Nem tank

Should this thread get an obituary, or turned into the nem thread?

• Kill it with fire

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Kill it with Draino

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Merci Mister...

Votes: 17 89.5%

• Total voters

Soren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow that's going to be great. I need a fuge For my mandarin. It's an earring machine.

The boss pulling the chain every so often is much needed and I've accepted that after 15 years together. If left to my own devices, my imagination would run WILD and without a check, my wallet would be directly affected haha
...imagination running WILD, direct wallet effects... yep, I'd say that is how it is! Good thing paying of the house along with having small-farm interests help keep those in check.

I must say that I am very happy with my current plan and have decided to limit considerations to upgrade. I'm not saying never, but I'm not going to think about it for quite some time. A few weeks ago, I almost had the chance to get a free 300 gallon aquarium and stand, but it fell through. After the fact, I sure am glad that the never-ending dreams were easily just re-focused on my current build and away from considering upgrades.

I am still a bit curious what my chances are for success with a mandarin actually in the refugium. My research confirms that they eat a lot, and I do not want to get a fish to starve it. It would be well-fed for a while, but may be too devastating with direct access to the breeding population of copepods.

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PXL_20210311_021720774.jpg

PXL_20210311_021743219.MP.jpg

some little Earl on a rock. Crazy how darn small they can curl into. None of these were mayb huge to start with, figure better to practice on the smaller ones. New chisel blade cut through the LR quite easily. Positive I didn't hit one with the blade.
Like sweet surgery:D

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
...imagination running WILD, direct wallet effects... yep, I'd say that is how it is! Good thing paying of the house along with having small-farm interests help keep those in check.

I must say that I am very happy with my current plan and have decided to limit considerations to upgrade. I'm not saying never, but I'm not going to think about it for quite some time. A few weeks ago, I almost had the chance to get a free 300 gallon aquarium and stand, but it fell through. After the fact, I sure am glad that the never-ending dreams were easily just re-focused on my current build and away from considering upgrades.

I am still a bit curious what my chances are for success with a mandarin actually in the refugium. My research confirms that they eat a lot, and I do not want to get a fish to starve it. It would be well-fed for a while, but may be too devastating with direct access to the breeding population of copepods.
There are plastic pod hotels they will bbreed in. Maybe having a few of those upstream would be helpful

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Pretend they aren't ADORABLE. Go on, I'll wait!

What do you call these guys on the sand?
PXL_20210311_220127631.MP.jpg
Hi,looks like wellso/trschy/welso..?? nice ..were they in the tank??

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
HIJACK.. @Erin O ...don't you have 3 tanks?? put single in other ,pony express is coming your way.. ;) :)
i have a single wyoming white :)

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you get the clowns? They are perfect! I want one! Lol
I did not. I'm not ready for clowns yet. I will be in a few weeks/month though. I'm also not SET on these. I just think they are beautiful and want them but they are "not for sale" but we all know that just means you have to add $ to that problem and it goes away. Unfortunately, I'm flush on Earl green, not Benjamins Green haha

F i s h y

2nd In Command. Where is Frank's firebug badge?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a whole thread on wrasse. Consider yourself enabled:)

Erin O

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HIJACK.. @Erin O ...don't you have 3 tanks?? put single in other ,pony express is coming your way.. ;) :)
I do have 3 tanks, but all 3 have clowns. The 29 has the original clowns that my husband bought for the kids (without my knowledge, about 2 days after I got the 10g set up; "But the kids wanted a nemo and the guy said that 2 would be fine in that tank." :rolleyes: lol), the 75 has Hope and Franklin, and the 10 has poor lonely Pumpkin

Erin O

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a whole thread on wrasse. Consider yourself enabled:)

I agree with Jason! Terry, you really need to look at getting wrasse! Make sure you look at the ones that are reef safe

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with Jason! Terry, you really need to look at getting wrasse! Make sure you look at the ones that are reef safe
Consider me enabled. I've always loved wrasse. I've got two currently. The mandalorian (melanarus) and a red sea cleaner wrasse ( highly recommend).

Unfortunately the Coral beauty is going to have to come out of the main tank. She is not assimilating well with her friends after the last down stack. I knew there was a risk with two dwarf angels and she's an OG from when the we set up my old tank, the first time years ago.

Once the tangs go in, I've still got a feeling the tank is going to look empty.

I'm going to make me a list, see if we can find me some nice color and movement.

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya know Frank.. if SOMEBODY is all clowned out, we May collectively be able to find SOMEONE in this big wide world that would love some wyoming white
Haha 82022756.jpg

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing like a good ol fashion Sump n Dump. Got it torn down, cleaned out, reassembled,, new filter sock installed, stand under the protein skimmer. I feel accomplished.

About to make another little stand for frags in the old tank while it's up :) hoping to cut more Earls this weekend.
PXL_20210312_225729484.jpg

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing like a good ol fashion Sump n Dump. Got it torn down, cleaned out, reassembled,, new filter sock installed, stand under the protein skimmer. I feel accomplished.

About to make another little stand for frags in the old tank while it's up :) hoping to cut more Earls this weekend.
PXL_20210312_225729484.jpg
what is all that stuff? :cool:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 33.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 16.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back