Finding Sauce (a lot of tanks in a little time) RSR 250 Nem tank

Should this thread get an obituary, or turned into the nem thread?

• Kill it with fire

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Kill it with Draino

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Merci Mister...

Votes: 17 89.5%

• Total voters

Reefing_addiction

It’s my TANK and I want it NOW!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Took a walk, cleared my head, bought @dyerrm some room in her new tank for new pretty things, and in typical me fashion, the panel is removed and the tank is prepped for a the new one. I couldn't stare at the broken piece. I'll be drilling the next one BEFORE installing it.

Good thing about this, is that I got some piece of mind. That panel was really hard to remove. Of course when you do something new, like glue up a tank from scratch, you question the integrity. I have no worries now. The seals were Great. I couldn't get a .0025" feeler gauge through most of it without gentle spreading action to separate the glass.

PXL_20210504_000256809.jpg
I thank you very much for trusting in me and clearing out 8 spots for new goodies!

I feel your pain when it comes to things not going right. That cost me untill 4:30 am Sunday morning working to get the new tank up.

I have lost 2 of 3 lobos and I don’t understand!

I know my alk went up a bit with all the water I added. But over night massive tissue loss :’(
I dumped the poor things in hope the greatly reduced flow May save them but I’m not holding my breath!

May least all your soon to arrive zoas didn’t even flinch!
My hammers and frogs acted like nothing happened and same with my bower banki. My gonis are a bit po’d
But nothing I can’t handle.

That tank will be wet before you know it, and now you have more peace of mind that you did an amazing job building it!

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the kind words. Much needed. I've got an OBNOXIOUSLY green frag rack that the newcomers will be going on. Can't wait. The gobstoppers I just got are super flashy. Early openers and very pretty in the tank. Makes me excited to be getting such a cool variety from your personal stock.

Reefing_addiction

It’s my TANK and I want it NOW!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the kind words. Much needed. I've got an OBNOXIOUSLY green frag rack that the newcomers will be going on. Can't wait. The gobstoppers I just got are super flashy. Early openers and very pretty in the tank. Makes me excited to be getting such a cool variety from your personal stock.
Hopefully I can put another pack together for you in the future! Lord knows I’m probably gonna need more room

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
bumble bee snail ? they supposedly eat vermentid snails.. :cool:

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The enemy of my enemy is my friend. Also +1 for cuteness.
Super cute. I did see if eating up a brittle star the other day so I knew they were at least cleaners. Didn't know if it was already dead or he killed it.

What up @Smirkish Welcome.

Smirkish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are carnivores, not algae eaters. They prefer dead organisms, though, so they’re a bit like vultures. They’ve been known to eat living micro organisms (like vermetids), if there isn’t a lot of food readily available. I found vermetids on one of the corals that came with my tank so I’m curious to test them out. Don’t want to find more! D:

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is why I know you will get that other tank put together
I've gotta and soon.

@LRT @fishguy242 @MERKEY earls all currently splitting and dumping babies. What do you think the home colony is doing? I've got at least 4 mas in that fuge than I put in eehh two weeks ago..

richard dreyfuss jaws GIF

F i s h y

2nd In Command. Where is Frank's firebug badge?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back