Finding Sauce (a lot of tanks in a little time) RSR 250 Nem tank

Should this thread get an obituary, or turned into the nem thread?

• Kill it with fire

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Kill it with Draino

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Merci Mister...

Votes: 17 89.5%

• Total voters
OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bout time lol.
No kidding right!

When they split, does it normally border on symmetrical? There is one absolutely separated and moving away, the blob remaining looks like it may be two but I can't confirm yet.

I thought they normally split pretty evenly but I've never watched this in person. I'd estimate it's about a 75-25 split right now.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No kidding right!

When they split, does it normally border on symmetrical? There is one absolutely separated and moving away, the blob remaining looks like it may be two but I can't confirm yet.

I thought they normally split pretty evenly but I've never watched this in person. I'd estimate it's about a 75-25 split right now.
I have had them split all kinds of ways. Most the time it is half and half. But if 3, then usually it is half and then 2 half’s of a half. Or close to that, if that makes sense.

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had them split all kinds of ways. Most the time it is half and half. But if 3, then usually it is half and then 2 half’s of a half. Or close to that, if that makes sense.
Gotcha. Makes perfect sense. Thanks.

Looks like I'm going to be able to try out your anenome removing deal here pretty soon!

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coral side
PXL_20210519_222751152.MP.jpg

Fish side
PXL_20210519_223718944.MP.jpg

Side note: the clowns have been loving up on the double stack pvc apartment there last two days. Freaked me out at first thinking they were gill rubbing. After hours of observation over a few days, they are the only ones doing it and only to a specific spot on the pipe. Female is becoming territorial of the spot also even punking the PT.

Seems like nesting behavior to me.

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are the cerianthus difficult to keep? I almost got one but it wasn’t as pretty as those. Also- it looks like your live rock has a rose mohawk.
jared leto mohawk GIF
Nope. The tubes are one of the easiest in my tank. They do need specifically fed every day due to the nps thing but other than that, I don't give them any special treatment. I do give them space and they require it. 8" across w the lights out is a solid foot across at night. They won't touch my acans so that garden is on the back side.

They can eat things. I don't have any really small fish so it doesn't worry me but One of them did get a cleaner scrymp lunch one day.

They also happen to be the overall favorite when people are taking in the tank. They don't just wave, they shimmy.

Live rock also came by the hairstyle honest. I wear a mohawk

Smirkish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope. The tubes are one of the easiest in my tank. They do need specifically fed every day due to the nps thing but other than that, I don't give them any special treatment. I do give them space and they require it. 8" across w the lights out is a solid foot across at night. They won't touch my acans so that garden is on the back side.

They can eat things. I don't have any really small fish so it doesn't worry me but One of them did get a cleaner scrymp lunch one day.

They also happen to be the overall favorite when people are taking in the tank. They don't just wave, they shimmy.

Live rock also came by the hairstyle honest. I wear a mohawk
I’ll definitely look into getting one. I don’t mind feeding things- that’s my favorite part about the hobby. You get to interact with your tank the most. The entire middle section behind my acans is in the dark, and the flow is pretty low directly under the arch. I had planned to put nps coral there, which is why I purchased the dendronephthya, but it won’t open up unless it has a good current.

What happens if it touches the acans? Or you just mean they retract? I would have to relocate my two if that’s the case.

Your tank is really well balanced, by the way. I think that’s the first full tank shot I’ve seen of it, apart from the ones you put up in the first few pages. That Bubble is bigger than I thought! But so pretttttty. ;Wideyed Your rose must be trying to replicate your look. Lol. Now you know why it’s splitting that way!

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll definitely look into getting one. I don’t mind feeding things- that’s my favorite part about the hobby. You get to interact with your tank the most. The entire middle section behind my acans is in the dark, and the flow is pretty low directly under the arch. I had planned to put nps coral there, which is why I purchased the dendronephthya, but it won’t open up unless it has a good current.

What happens if it touches the acans? Or you just mean they retract? I would have to relocate my two if that’s the case.

Your tank is really well balanced, by the way. I think that’s the first full tank shot I’ve seen of it, apart from the ones you put up in the first few pages. That Bubble is bigger than I thought! But so pretttttty. ;Wideyed Your rose must be trying to replicate your look. Lol. Now you know why it’s splitting that way!
I found it impossible to source locally so bought online. That was a mistake only because of the seller. Ended up paying for one twice and not getting the one I wanted originally but whatever. They are great.

In theory, if it wanted to and stung an acan, it would probably lose the stung head. Tubes pack quite a powerful string from what I've read.

Thank you for the compliment. When I current e look at my fts, it looks chaotic to me. Since having to pull most of the rocks out to get the fish out to treat, I haven't really gone back in and rearranged the rock work to close what is was before. I will here before long. The splitting nem also opens up some options for me. And yes, the bubble is HUGE . When it puts on its house pants, the bubbles will go all the way to the sand bed.. wish the bubble had a mohawk..

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s all about framing the shot ;)

Really really, don't take snap shots, take a photograph, camera or phone camera you can do this, phone cameras might need helping software apps, square on to the glass and horizontal is a base requirement to good pics, distortion from any angles really hurts pic quality.

DSC_0009 (1024x683).jpg

Reefing_addiction

It’s my TANK and I want it NOW!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really really, don't take snap shots, take a photograph, camera or phone camera you can do this, phone cameras might need helping software apps, square on to the glass and horizontal is a base requirement to good pics, distortion from any angles really hurts pic quality.

DSC_0009 (1024x683).jpg
Straight on
9B5D5ACA-DA1F-4FEA-9ADD-6CC14A28A94A.jpeg

Odd angle
B5FA6740-426A-41C6-96A8-B93546647646.jpeg

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 31 83.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Other

Votes: 2 5.4%
Back