Finding Sauce (a lot of tanks in a little time) RSR 250 Nem tank

Should this thread get an obituary, or turned into the nem thread?

• Kill it with fire

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Kill it with Draino

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Merci Mister...

Votes: 17 89.5%

• Total voters
OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep fish separate from rocks for sure. Could get Damaged in transit.

Keeping coral separated from each other is good. Coral warfare.

How far away?
I forgot about coral warfare. .. it's about half an hour drive from me.

What's going to be the best way to bag them?

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I forgot about coral warfare. .. it's about half an hour drive from me.

What's going to be the best way to bag them?
Depends on the size of each. I usually you zip lock bags for small to medium size coral.

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Holy restless night batman...

I'm going to go get a bunch of 1g 2g and quart bags. The coral in bags will go in a cooler in the front of the van with me.

Did those that have never removed corals, anemones... What's the best way? Hope they aren't glued down?
Nems and large coral place in buckets with water

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nems and large coral place in buckets with water
On their rock correct? I was hoping not to have to pull all 4 nems off. And for the largest corals as well I was hoping to have them in their own bucket with the rock they are attached to in order to damage / stress them the least

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
no corals in w nems in bucket,as @sfin52 said, pics of equipment before taking apart..have fun..i love doing breakdowns ,like Christmas..NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL FIND.. ;Woot ;Woot good luck...:)

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i already see some nice fish in there ..:cool:watch them close while working ,and their in a bucket..easy to space off..;):)

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Since I'm going to be bagging the corals for transport due to the threat of chemical warfare, do I need to plan on trashing the water the corals transported with?
yes, but use as rinsing water first "swishing rock " to remove debris :) careful with lps,bubbles,not to bump edges,green star polyps can just cut or rip ,don't touch your eyes.!!
can CALL me at any point..:cool:

Camaro Show Corals

Formally known as The Camaro Show
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Soo I've never noticed this before, and am afraid to ask, but this doesn't look good does it?

Specifically the seals on the glass look like they are starting to fail to me. Is this a normal color change, or a sign
of things to come? Besides the discolorations, with the sand moved, I can see parts of the sealant are chipped and bubbles have gotten behind.
PXL_20210227_224642546~2.jpg
Just had my 90g planted discus tank front bottom seam start leaking, got a new 110g RR a few hours away and all transferred Sunday.

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes, but use as rinsing water first "swishing rock " to remove debris :) careful with lps,bubbles,not to bump edges,green star polyps can just cut or rip ,don't touch your eyes.!!
can CALL me at any point..:cool:
Thank you and I'm absolutely going to here in a bit. I just got off the phone with the seller. It sounds like this is going to be great.

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just had my 90g planted discus tank front bottom seam start leaking, got a new 110g RR a few hours away and all transferred Sunday.
I would love to here a few bullet points you knew after the move you wish you had known beforehand if you have the time

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you and I'm absolutely going to here in a bit. I just got off the phone with the seller. It sounds like this is going to be great.
If the seller his worth anything they will help

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the seller his worth anything they will help
He has already written out for me the last few years of maintains. List of livestock, levels.. got receipts for all requirement and services. They are giving me everything they have for it. Everything

Camaro Show Corals

Formally known as The Camaro Show
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I would love to here a few bullet points you knew after the move you wish you had known beforehand if you have the time
No problem happy to help you out, being a freshwater tank made things a little easier but still not much because it’s still a drilled Reef Ready tank with a sump and lots of plants. I had 3 brutes and started by draining the tank into them, I caught all the fish and put into one, then I got all the tanks and driftwood and rocks and placed in the second and the third brute I used for gravel but in your case sand if you have a sand bed. Try to not stir up the sand too much. I then disconnected all plumbing and equipment. Lifted the old tank out and placed the new tank in and reconnected and did the plumbing let everything dry for 30 minutes then started to put water in the overflow to see if any leaks were Present. I then did the same with the tank and put about 2 inches of water in and if all good start filling. After I had the 2 inches in I stared to put the gravel back in and start to fill. Lucky for me it went pretty smooth.

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great thank you. I am not placing on reusing the sand. I'll set up today on a bare bottom, in a week or two when I have the aquascape set to my liking I will surround the rock bases with epoxy putty then backfill with half an inch to three quarters of an inch of new sand.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back