Finding Sauce (a lot of tanks in a little time) RSR 250 Nem tank

Should this thread get an obituary, or turned into the nem thread?

• Kill it with fire

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Kill it with Draino

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Merci Mister...

Votes: 17 89.5%

• Total voters

Reefing_addiction

It’s my TANK and I want it NOW!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love mushroom gardens. I know there's all these rules about who can go with who. I let them tell me if there's a problem. I've got a bunch of discos touching rhodis and rics with no issue
I was wondering about that….

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i took a 2hour nap..and still no reveal...:oops::p
Sorry kids, still fighting a nasty cold. Just woke up from a many hour nap, could have and wanted to stay sleeping but had to get up to test the alk.

Amazing stuff to share, compliments of @F i s h y

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So here's we go!

J-Stone put together a Bad Ace little care package for me. Packaging was a clinic, nothing had room to move and the delicate one suspended in styrofoam.
It looked like this
PXL_20210715_180146695.jpg
PXL_20210715_181615264.jpg

I know nothing about any of these, so @F i s h y may have to fill us in on the back story.

As always, not sorry about dirty glass!

One mushroom hasn't opened up much yet for me to get a good description much less picture.

#2 SUPER bright pink Goni. Interested to see how it likes my tank. Historically I haven't been able to keep gonis happy but I have a good feeling about this one.
PXL_20210716_000449592.jpg

#3 beautiful Rhodactis. It looks like it's got White Walker colors. Can't wait to see it lay out.
PXL_20210716_000436873.jpg

#4 I'll let this beautiful thing speak for itself.
PXL_20210716_000419172.MP.jpg

#5 M.C. Hammer Time

Bi color/splattered looking hammer w THREE HEADS...

I was pretty darn stoked to see the colors start unfolding here.
PXL_20210716_000203011.jpg

Even though I'm filled with snot and mucus and a virus wreaking havoc on my perfect complecion.... This box filled me with a lot of Love. Thank you Jason and the Whole Dam Fam.

F i s h y

2nd In Command. Where is Frank's firebug badge?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They look great! Glad you like them @Lost in the Sauce that hammer I was so worried about. I know how rough shipping can be.
The hammer and #4 are part of my stash I've been growing out from @fishguy242 his stuff blows me away. 30% of my tank houses coral I got from him.
When you are ready to throw a higher end sps in there I have a hidden gem, wild acro I got from him. Can't get good pics but it's baby blue and purple... ;) I'm calling it purple haze. I'm growing out 5 peices of it currently so I can have a few to pass around.

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They look great! Glad you like them @Lost in the Sauce that hammer I was so worried about. I know how rough shipping can be.
The hammer and #4 are part of my stash I've been growing out from @fishguy242 his stuff blows me away. 30% of my tank houses coral I got from him.
When you are ready to throw a higher end sps in there I have a hidden gem, wild acro I got from him. Can't get good pics but it's baby blue and purple... ;) I'm calling it purple haze. I'm growing out 5 peices of it currently so I can have a few to pass around.
I'm super stoked my man. That mushie #4 is an obvious heart breaker!

I did the responsible thing with acros to test and see . Bought a $150 frag.... Will I ever learn. I've got great pe and the color initially lost is coming back in

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Drain configuration has been settled. Going with a trapezoidal overflow, peninsula Style.

Only thing left to decide is what I need done from the manufacturer, for returns.

I know coming up over the back is an option, but one I would like to keep on the back burner unless there are no other suitable options.
I would like to keep the far left side free of plumbing if possible as that is a primary viewing angle.
Where would you expect to see returns here? Half way and far left on the back wall?

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Drain configuration has been settled. Going with a trapezoidal overflow, peninsula Style.

Only thing left to decide is what I need done from the manufacturer, for returns.

I know coming up over the back is an option, but one I would like to keep on the back burner unless there are no other suitable options.
I would like to keep the far left side free of plumbing if possible as that is a primary viewing angle.
Where would you expect to see returns here? Half way and far left on the back wall?
need pic, cannot compute... ;)

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
???
WP_20210717_09_21_38_Pro.jpg

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you would go three along the back? Are your arrows showing direction of flow?

Intuitively I would have thought we would want most of the flow moving toward the overflow. Is that not the case?

1" all the way to the bulkheads then could split to 1/2" inside.

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
yes ,correct, will create circular flow, then combat that with a mp/etc, on drain wall,create random flow but will keep "should"topwater flowing to weir.

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes ,correct, will create circular flow, then combat that with a mp/etc, on drain wall,create random flow but will keep "should"topwater flowing to weir.
Fx150 gyre planning for the far left top shooting across the top, fx90 gyre about mid tank coming out/down and will set the power heads where needed.

That would be a lot of gear up top on the back wall.

I'm hoping to have a lot more tank turnover than I have now, in the new tank
PXL_20210717_144735001.jpg

Back