Finding Sauce (a lot of tanks in a little time) RSR 250 Nem tank

Should this thread get an obituary, or turned into the nem thread?

• Kill it with fire

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Kill it with Draino

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Merci Mister...

Votes: 17 89.5%

• Total voters

F i s h y

2nd In Command. Where is Frank's firebug badge?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're welcome to.

What do you think the chances are I could introduce another pair of Cardinals in there to hang out with the sad girl that's left over?
You might be able to but more than likely a dominant pair will form and they will chase the odd one out to death. I think the only reason that I have gotten away with it is because I have 2 pairs. So they have basically divided the tank in half.

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You might be able to but more than likely a dominant pair will form and they will chase the odd one out to death. I think the only reason that I have gotten away with it is because I have 2 pairs. So they have basically divided the tank in half.
The leftover seems so bummed all the time

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DT frame skeleton built, sanded, painted sanded painted and sanded a few more times.

Here it is in what will become the final location.
PXL_20210811_000431253.MP.jpg

Pretty happy about the side view that will be visible right when you walk in the front door.

Going to have to make that end POP PXL_20210811_001722620.MP.jpg

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stands final location looks fantastic for viewing !
Thank you very much. I haven't decided yet, what is going where but if I can swing it, id like to have the massive bubble living on the narrow end of the tank. It's a show piece that doesn't do well with others.

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like a good idea! Been looking at adding a small neon green bubble to our biocube , leery it may annoy neighbors
They are beautiful, But if my wife wasn't so in love with it, I would remove it from the tank. It's already killed a lot of corals it shouldn't have been able to get close to. We're taking 8-10" away.

I call it the tank terrorist.

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are beautiful, But if my wife wasn't so in love with it, I would remove it from the tank. It's already killed a lot of corals it shouldn't have been able to get close to. We're taking 8-10" away.

I call it the tank terrorist.
One of the lfs I frequent has them in quite a bit. Beautiful corals. They do usually have a stinger stuck in closest coral to them. I told the lady she may as well just give me the monti is was destroying last time. Is toadstool still chilling on top?

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of the lfs I frequent has them in quite a bit. Beautiful corals. They do usually have a stinger stuck in closest coral to them. I told the lady she may as well just give me the monti is was destroying last time. Is toadstool still chilling on top?
I think you are confusing the bubble coral with the trumpet. The toadstool is attached to the skeleton frame of the trumpet. Bubble is to the left of both of them. I'm fairly certain the leather being there is the only reason the trumpet is even alive. It's the only thing I haven't seen the bubble go for.

But to answer your question yes, I think that toadstool is going to stay connected to the skeleton. When I reset them in the new tank, I'll tip them back a little bit more
PXL_20210817_194316282.PORTRAIT.jpg

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you are confusing the bubble coral with the trumpet. The toadstool is attached to the skeleton frame of the trumpet. Bubble is to the left of both of them. I'm fairly certain the leather being there is the only reason the trumpet is even alive. It's the only thing I haven't seen the bubble go for.

But to answer your question yes, I think that toadstool is going to stay connected to the skeleton. When I reset them in the new tank, I'll tip them back a little bit more
PXL_20210817_194316282.PORTRAIT.jpg
Ok that makes more sense haha. Been breaking my brain this whole time lol

Back