Finding Sauce (a lot of tanks in a little time) RSR 250 Nem tank

Should this thread get an obituary, or turned into the nem thread?

• Kill it with fire

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Kill it with Draino

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Merci Mister...

Votes: 17 89.5%

• Total voters

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i'd sure like to name some "mine"..cool, nice score, assuming still at it?? :cool:
@LRT check out these shrooms.. ;)
@Erin O dibs on first nem split..:p:)

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got home. Eating a sammich and about to unload.

Here was before we touched anything. I'm going to have a lot of ID requests later.
Resized_20210302_152825_24535249543920_20210302_213311.jpg

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's 135 am. I'm exhausted. The tank is running, the overflow is so loud it already woke a kid up so something isn't right. I have to get some sleep. Going to let it filter for another hour, I'll set an alarm to add the fish in a bit.

The aquascape looks terrible. I'll talk with you guys tomorrow. The tank was super quiet running before. I've never tuned an overflow before. But it keeps sounding kind of like a flush but constantly loud. Will troubleshoot tomorrow.

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish I could help you with the over flow, but I don't have any experience with them.

Man! I might be a little jealous LOL. This is an awesome score!
Hey thanks. I'm sure it just needs a little tweaking of something. I'm currently not sure exactly what but I digress.

The tank move was pretty dang stressful. As you can see in the pics, corals were everywhere, and most of them had been glued/epoxied to rock and been growing like that for years. All that to say that I wasn't able to bag up every or even Most corals. I got about 15 of the largest in bags, marked up before everything left was totally covered in living stuff.

I think on the return, it's either either a bit overfilled or the return pump is pumping too fast as it seems to go through this mini cycle of pumping and the gurgle) trying to catch up draining sound. It's quite annoying but I'm sure an easy fix as I didn't change anything in the setup and it was very quiet prior.

All fish seem to be fine this morning although still hiding mostly.

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gmornin all.

Here's a lights on shot. The wife is super worried that everything is not back where it was yesterday. I told her it will take time. I hope I'm right. The bubble doesn't really seem to want to open back up. We shall see.

PXL_20210303_184246446.MP.jpg

Found a few fun things. A few tube anemones, 2 small hammers, an Elegance, a few cool leathers. . . The nems seem fine. The clowns have separated one to each for the time being.

The mushrooms and gsp are everywhere...

I've already decided that this tank has way too much rock in it for my taste. As I move things around, I will also be identifying rock without Things on it to remove.

I really wish someone lived close and wanted to come see it and tell me how everything works .

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gmornin all.

Here's a lights on shot. The wife is super worried that everything is not back where it was yesterday. I told her it will take time. I hope I'm right. The bubble doesn't really seem to want to open back up. We shall see.

PXL_20210303_184246446.MP.jpg

Found a few fun things. A few tube anemones, 2 small hammers, an Elegance, a few cool leathers. . . The nems seem fine. The clowns have separated one to each for the time being.

The mushrooms and gsp are everywhere...

I've already decided that this tank has way too much rock in it for my taste. As I move things around, I will also be identifying rock without Things on it to remove.

I really wish someone lived close and wanted to come see it and tell me how everything works .
@MERKEY is in cali not sure where.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
poss,speckled hawk?? lg female???

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody know what this big guy is? Like like a wrasse of some source. Was the tank bully. Going to lfs today PXL_20210303_162359436.jpg PXL_20210303_162352470.jpg
Lantern basslet? I have one and he is a sweet fatty

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately I think the stress of the move got to one fish. Fortunately is was one that I wasn't going to be able to keep anyways as it was a large tomini that would have I'm sure wanted to battle my yellow eye Kole.

Side note, anyone know what this little handsome guy is called?

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update on the super loud overflow.

Fixed it.

I found out that the durso plumbing was siphoning then back draining causing the noise and water surge. Initially I tried throttling down the return pump with a ball valve but it didn't do much. Next I drilled a 1/8" hole in the very top of the durso cap. I could tell this was very helpful as the surges cut in half but was still doing it. Moved the hole up to 1/4" and bam, everything is running very smooth and QUIET

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 148 88.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back