Finding Sauce (a lot of tanks in a little time) RSR 250 Nem tank

Should this thread get an obituary, or turned into the nem thread?

• Kill it with fire

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Kill it with Draino

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Merci Mister...

Votes: 17 89.5%

• Total voters

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@LRT rereading that to absorb the knowledge and I got a question.

Why do you care about Coraline being able to gain a good foothold??

I don't want Coraline to grow on my glass or the bottom of my tank or my racks. I like those to be clean.
Honestly it seems like inevitably if its not algae its coraline that wants to grow in my system and algae wont grow on the coraline. So if I have to pick a poison its coraline all day. Thats my reasoning behind it lol. Ill definetely keep it off my glass. If im tiled on floor it will be nicer to look at than the white. Idk about glass bottom tho if the glass was clean I'd have to see how it looks I may like that with a blacked out bottom.

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly it seems like inevitably if its not algae its coraline that wants to grow in my system and algae wont grow on the coraline. So if I have to pick a poison its coraline all day. Thats my reasoning behind it lol. Ill definetely keep it off my glass. If im tiled on floor it will be nicer to look at than the white. Idk about glass bottom tho if the glass was clean I'd have to see how it looks I may like that with a blacked out bottom.
Makes sense. If I had to choose one, id also go Coraline.

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Makes sense. If I had to choose one, id also go Coraline.
I'm not sure how to make it not grow other than clean it like nuisance algae.
You may be onto something with full barebottom clean glass look. I think my bottom glass is dark if not in pretty sure it comes with black mat. Id probably really like the look honestly. The white tiles do reflect light. The sides of my tubs are staying clean though I suppose with due diligence and a little time the glass would stay nice and clean.

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure how to make it not grow other than clean it like nuisance algae.
You may be onto something with full barebottom clean glass look. I think my bottom glass is dark if not in pretty sure it comes with black mat. Id probably really like the look honestly. The white tiles do reflect light. The sides of my tubs are staying clean though I suppose with due diligence and a little time the glass would stay nice and clean.
I'll give it a go and see although on tiles, I would like to see the Coraline there. Thinking I'm going to remove at least one of the slats and put tiles there, kinda hybrid. See what's working and make adjustments + report back.

I need to get the middle kids desk built so I can make the stand, and get the frag tank wet and running.

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll give it a go and see although on tiles, I would like to see the Coraline there. Thinking I'm going to remove at least one of the slats and put tiles there, kinda hybrid. See what's working and make adjustments + report back.

I need to get the middle kids desk built so I can make the stand, and get the frag tank wet and running.
For sure man I'm seeing the racks staying around in my future as well for other corals and boogers and things. Def no getting away from them. Its a brilliant idea really and good use of your space.

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently running 3 salt and 2 fw tanks in the house. Been lugging eight to ten 5 g buckets to the lfs 2x a week all year.

Finally making my own water.
PXL_20210610_013230651.jpg

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been saying for two weeks I was going to rotate bta rock on the left side to give me some more mounting area as well as higher flow higher light areas for more demanding corals.

Finally got it done. Sinularia will pout for a few days after being moved.
PXL_20210613_202021077.MP.jpg

New orientation FTS
PXL_20210613_201906787.MP.jpg

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a bird, it's a plane, it's a

Nem playing glass hockey. It keeps trying to walk over to the gyre. Found out it dislikes the course fabric my bag float is wrapped in. I've been moving it in front of it every couple hours to keep it from climbing that glass.

Kind of funny that I'm pitting my whits against an invertebrate and feel proud that I'm winning...
PXL_20210614_184445135.MP.jpg

F i s h y

2nd In Command. Where is Frank's firebug badge?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a bird, it's a plane, it's a

Nem playing glass hockey. It keeps trying to walk over to the gyre. Found out it dislikes the course fabric my bag float is wrapped in. I've been moving it in front of it every couple hours to keep it from climbing that glass.

Kind of funny that I'm pitting my whits against an invertebrate and feel proud that I'm winning...
PXL_20210614_184445135.MP.jpg
Better luck than me hopefully I had an LTA try to go up inside my HOB today... filter won...

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
torches are sweet but I'm digging the tube nems.
always wanted one, but afraid I'd lose fish to it.
after a mini max took out one of my kaudal cards.
There is always that possiblity. I've only lost a scrymp @ 100% scrymp fault They are everyone who sees the tank in person favorite.

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
are they NPS? do you direct feed them?
They are nps. In do not direct feed them every day but they eat when the fish do. Since going fishless, I still ghost feed the tank, and pods are going nuts with few predators. . Flake instead of cubes. I also feed them shrimp when the nems eat.

Back