Finding Sauce (a lot of tanks in a little time) RSR 250 Nem tank

Should this thread get an obituary, or turned into the nem thread?

• Kill it with fire

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Kill it with Draino

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Merci Mister...

Votes: 17 89.5%

• Total voters
OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This superman monte is Sad Panda. Looks bleached to a brown color but still baby blue w red spots around the outside. Originally it was 5" from the top of the tank directly under a light. I've moved it mid flow low-mid light to give it a break. Are there any tricks to get them to color back up? It appears to still be alive to me.
PXL_20210307_063450587.MP.jpg

Erin O

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Turned the pumps on at quarter to five. This is 9pm.
PXL_20210307_054849600.MP.jpg

Must of those things in the sand are there because the water was totally blown out. I couldn't see to place anything small. Tomorrow I'll be making adjustments. Anybody see anything here of concern?
I agree with what you said a few days ago, there's an awful lot of green in there lol

F i s h y

2nd In Command. Where is Frank's firebug badge?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did a quick search and the crowd seems split as to if montys color back up after bleaching. I guess we will see
I have had them color back up. It takes a long time though. I like to buy the cheapo 5 and $10 bits and peices in the lfs frag tank that are just rolling around under the rack. I've picked up a couple montipora that way.

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with what you said a few days ago, there's an awful lot of green in there lol
Thanks. I'm ok with it right Now, but in a few days match 18rh, I've got a big order coming from wwc and I will readjust if necessary. I told my wife I wanted this tank to be green red and purple dominated before I even really started building it. Now I've found that purple doesn't quite POP under the red sea reef led 90's. Whatevs. The green is there in spades. Now I need to fill in.

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's something about your 'scape that is very appealing to me. Excellent job!
Thank you. I would love to hear your thoughts on it.

Hopefully not too bad for stacking by braille.

I'm going to do a video walk around of the structure today. I wanted to go peaks on both sides, peaks out from the sand but a recessed "cove" between them. I think I accomplished that.

Over night, the last remaining big anemone moved another foot back in the tank to snuggle against the power head and right on a bunch of mushrooms... Ugh.

The Nem doesn't seem to care. Mushrooms ain't loving it.

Erin O

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. I would love to hear your thoughts on it.

Hopefully not too bad for stacking by braille.

I'm going to do a video walk around of the structure today. I wanted to go peaks on both sides, peaks out from the sand but a recessed "cove" between them. I think I accomplished that.

Over night, the last remaining big anemone moved another foot back in the tank to snuggle against the power head and right on a bunch of mushrooms... Ugh.

The Nem doesn't seem to care. Mushrooms ain't loving it.
Nems definitely don't care lol.

I'm the wrong person to talk to about 'scaping. I just kind of pile my rocks in and hope I like it lol. I know we have some 'scape savvy people in our little group, though. Hopefully they'll share their input

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In this scape, I really wanted large viewable swimming lanes back in the rock previously, I had played tetris with rocks trying to get the best fit of everything which really allowed me to pack a lot of rock in there, but the fish couldn't really swim through it. Even the coral beauty had hard times.

Now, there seem to be full on highways in there and the remaining fish have a case of the zoomies. It's great to watch

OP
OP
Lost in the Sauce

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dust hasn't quite settled on this guy yet either but here's where the clowns, front anemone, and a few other accoutrement went. Jbj nano 20 at tla buddy's house. Stoked they will still be around. Even though these two have tagged me enough that they are now point of sale evil angry short ugly stupid goatee wearing fish. I'm stoned to have them on beautiful display.
PXL_20210308_012020555.jpg

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@sfin52 @fishguy242 what type of leather is this?
Looks like a Sinularia if it has bone like growth (scerlites) in its base its a sinularia. If not than its a Nepthea.
My sinularia has that same growth and color under blue when its all closed up. In the day all open looks like a tanish pink color.

mmw64

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Turned the pumps on at quarter to five. This is 9pm.
PXL_20210307_054849600.MP.jpg

Must of those things in the sand are there because the water was totally blown out. I couldn't see to place anything small. Tomorrow I'll be making adjustments. Anybody see anything here of concern?
I think it looks really nice. I'm jealous. Some bright colors would look great. Have too much green in my tank. I'm looking for a few bright colors that are easy to grow. Read the whole post.

Back