Finished Aquascape For My 14 Gal Nano

Retro Heat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I think I just finished the aquascape for my 14 gallon nano that I'm in the process of setting up. I ended up using 17 pounds. I built 3 pillars with the bottom and tops flattened so they sit flat on the glass and make some flat ledges I can possibly put coral on later on. Then I made the "cap" that sits on all 3 pillars. Finally, I the final top piece to the cap to hide the joint and create the 3rd level. I think it ended up decent. I do have a quick question though. I plan on keeping a pair of clowns in the tank, coral (softies/zoas/lps), and a clean up crew. Does anyone see any issues with my scape that I should be aware of and fix while I still can?

PS: the rock seen on the right can be moved away from the pillar to make a rock island if I want to put something like GSP or xenia and I want to try and separate it from the rest of the rock work.

aquascape.jpg

Dan_P

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I think I just finished the aquascape for my 14 gallon nano that I'm in the process of setting up. I ended up using 17 pounds. I built 3 pillars with the bottom and tops flattened so they sit flat on the glass and make some flat ledges I can possibly put coral on later on. Then I made the "cap" that sits on all 3 pillars. Finally, I the final top piece to the cap to hide the joint and create the 3rd level. I think it ended up decent. I do have a quick question though. I plan on keeping a pair of clowns in the tank, coral (softies/zoas/lps), and a clean up crew. Does anyone see any issues with my scape that I should be aware of and fix while I still can?

PS: the rock seen on the right can be moved away from the pillar to make a rock island if I want to put something like GSP or xenia and I want to try and separate it from the rest of the rock work.

aquascape.jpg
That pile of rocks looks like a sculpture!

Beautiful as is. Skip the headaches and expense of owning a reef aquarium and just look at the rocks

OP
OP
Retro Heat

Retro Heat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That pile of rocks looks like a sculpture!

Beautiful as is. Skip the headaches and expense of owning a reef aquarium and just look at the rocks
Thanks @Dan_P That's funny because my wife just told me that the rocks in the tank on the custom stand I built reminds her of the museum where they have rocks/minerals in display cases.

This is the smallest tank I've owned but I've put more work into it than any of my other tanks in the past. And, it doesn't even have water yet. =)

Lizaa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

aquascape.jpg
I really like this! Can you post pictures of it filled!?? I have been struggling for some time now with my aquascape on a new tank I'm setting up, it's much smaller than I'm used too, I just can't get it the way I want it...

AmyBolton

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks good!! I know its tough but try and think about what corals you want to keep in the tank and make sure there are spaces that work for them there! Like If it was me I would also look at that top cap and maybe rotate it so that you get the least amount of rock being shaded completely from the cap if that makes sense? (the left side under the cap is all shaded) which is great if your wanting some coral that work for there!
Im just being picky to try and give you something to think about!.. I think it looks great. :)

OP
OP
Retro Heat

Retro Heat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like this! Can you post pictures of it filled!?? I have been struggling for some time now with my aquascape on a new tank I'm setting up, it's much smaller than I'm used too, I just can't get it the way I want it...
Here you go. I had to smush it together a little since the new tank is a bit smaller than the tank I designed it for.

PXL_20221031_184443416.MP.jpg

PXL_20221031_184431128.MP.jpg

PXL_20221031_184436887.MP.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20221031_184431128.MP.jpg
    PXL_20221031_184431128.MP.jpg
    180.9 KB · Views: 12
  • PXL_20221031_184436887.MP.jpg
    PXL_20221031_184436887.MP.jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 14
  • PXL_20221031_184443416.MP.jpg
    PXL_20221031_184443416.MP.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 15
OP
OP
Retro Heat

Retro Heat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks good!! I know its tough but try and think about what corals you want to keep in the tank and make sure there are spaces that work for them there! Like If it was me I would also look at that top cap and maybe rotate it so that you get the least amount of rock being shaded completely from the cap if that makes sense? (the left side under the cap is all shaded) which is great if your wanting some coral that work for there!
Im just being picky to try and give you something to think about!.. I think it looks great. :)
Yup, I intend to keep mainly softies (shrooms, zoas, leathers) and a few LPS so I shouldn't have any problems with light since I'm running the k7 mini and the par readings seem to penetrate pretty deep. Still don't know what's going to sit on top though. Lol

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 128 59.5%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 63 29.3%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 77 35.8%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 37 17.2%
  • Other

Votes: 63 29.3%
Back