Fire Sale - huge amount of equipment.

Dmorel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello.
Giant wall of text warning! Sorry about that.
Some of you may remember me, some not. I used to be very active in the PROP scene and had (at one time) a pretty cool tank.
The tank is gone now (gave it to Van a year ago).

All the remaining equipment has been sitting around since then, and it's never been cleaned, or dealt with and I need it out ASAP.

I'm pretty close to calling in a junk hauler, because it's so much to deal with but there is some really cool stuff so - if someone wants to make a profit I'll sell the whole lot (but you have to take the whole lot) for 2K (you could sell the 5 Kessil's 360's and be close to break even I think) . I have no issues if a few people want to get together and sort it out if you want to split stuff up too, but I don't want to sell anything one off, so someone would have to take charge of figuring that all out and pick up everything in one trip (it really is a lot of stuff so might need a few pickup trucks or a uhaul or something). I know everyone tries to sell things as a package, but the reason I'm only asking 2K is I want to make it worth the effort for someone to take everything.

I want to be really honest, it's going to be a lot of work to get everything out. Nothing is broken down, or cleaned up. I'm attaching a few pics of the condition it's in - as embarrassing as they are - I didn't want to sugar coat it. Those were taken just this morning, that's what it looks like in there. Also added a shot showing the light fixtures for those who don't know the tank. These fixtures are not available in the US and were imported from Japan at a cost of about 2K each ten years ago. The spotlights are called SuperKuru's and the other fixtures are called MT-150's.

I live in Tempe, not far from ASU, most everything except the lights is in a garage that I can give you access to and let you have at it so social distancing is no problem. (When in the house to get the lights, please wear a mask, I have some health complications and at risk of serious complications if I get Covid.)

The light rack is the one optional thing. You are welcome to it if you would like it, but you don't have to take it. It's on garage door tracks that are installed in the ceiling and I'd ask that you be comfortable enough removing something like that without tearing a hole in my ceiling if you want to take it. Otherwise just need to get the lights down, that shouldn't be hard at all.

There is more stuff that I don't even know about in there but these are the main highlights:

5 stage 150 gpd RODI from Spectrapure w/float Switch in 55 gallon drum to hold water with pump (I think a mag drive).
Full QT set up with sump, skimmer, vortex? wave maker & 2 Kessil 150’s on a rack (see pics)
Remote sump solution also on racks includes a 40 gallon fuge, 40 gallon frag tank, 40 gallon sump all on a bakers rack and plumbed together.
This rack is pretty rusty, and I think would likely need a fair amount of elbow grease to get attractive.
Neptune Systems Apex / Aquacontroller with wifi, and a ton of expansion energy bars probes, etc.
An older ReefKeeper Elite with a few expansion bars
Bubble Magus Doser
Some other giant dosing system
Ocean Motions with mag drive motor 4 port
Reeflo Super Dart Gold return pump (Dead silent and pushes a TON of flow)
One or two big reactors for phosban or charcoal
Another bubble magus skimmer I think.
5 Kessil 360 wide tuna currently in modified Authentic Japanese SuperKaru fixtures (I have the MH ballasts for them if you want to convert back to original) and some 3 or 4 barn doors.
Comes with Kessell controller etc for the Apex Aquacontroller.
3 Authentic Japanese MH (DE) fixtures and bulbs. These are the MT 150’s.
4 or 5 older par 38 spots
2 chillers
Some heaters and controllers and stuff
An old DJ switch or two
Par Meter
Tons of testing equipment salinity checkers, etc.
Giant Orca 250 skimmer
Older 3' MH & PC hood
More misc parts/buckets/BRS additives in 5 gallon buckets/random stuff/Brute trashcan on rollers, etc etc etc...

Let me know if you have any questions or are interested.
Thanks!

lights.jpg
PXL_20201114_144855230.jpg
PXL_20201114_144843570.jpg
PXL_20201114_153842075.jpg
PXL_20201114_153804257.jpg

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back