Firefish dorsal fin down

sujcab111

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you saw my last post you’ll know I redid my whole aquascape. Which understandably caused him some stress. So far is the only fish in my tank and had his established hiding spot. So he had his dorsal fin down a few days but shortly was right back to normal. Now, all of a sudden.. I look at him and notice his fin isn’t protruding again and he’s also not eating as much. I mainly feed mysis. Try to mix it up with pellets sometimes but he’s never liked those. Anyway, he won’t take but more then a few pieces of mysis. Parameters are all good, phosphates been alittle high even after water changes but I don’t have a test kit for that.

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t answer the specific question, but I can bump the thread to see if we can get you some help

Upvote 0
OP
OP
sujcab111

sujcab111

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine has had its fin down a few times. Usually when stressed. If it lasts a really long time then I'd be concerned.
He’s got it up now but when I came home from work this morning and turned on the light to the tank I noticed he wasn’t in his hiding spot. He was at the bottom of the tank. He seemed to be struggling to swim and using his two side fins to kind of keep him stable. He isn’t looking good. No obvious signs of disease

Upvote 0

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not sure why your concerned about the dorsal fin being down, my firefish's fin is almost always down, and it seems very relaxed and happy to me. My firefish (I call him mean mr. mustard) eats just a few bites, its not a greedy eater like the clownfish. I think this is a great fish, so I hope it pulls through for you. Good luck.

Upvote 0
Back