FireFish living with yellow watchman goby?

OpenOcean33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have had a red fire fish for about 6 month and he use to swim around the tank all day long. I added a yellow watchman goby who made his home on the other side of the tank last month and life continued. I then came back from vacation and now the yellow watchman goby moved in with the fire fish in the same hole. I see them in there together but the fire fish dose not like to come out as much every couple days if I'm lucky. Is it possible they are actually pairing together of some sort or the yellow watchman is trapping him in there?

Mariette

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t think goby is trapping firefish. They’re not that quick w the digging. Also, if firefish comes out every few days, it’s unlikely to be going back as a willing hostage. More likely going back as a roommate. Nature is weird. Would love a pic of u can manage it

OP
OP
O

OpenOcean33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t think goby is trapping firefish. They’re not that quick w the digging. Also, if firefish comes out every few days, it’s unlikely to be going back as a willing hostage. More likely going back as a roommate. Nature is weird. Would love a pic of u can manage it
When lights come on tommorow I'll try and capture a picture, defenitly weird but very cool to watch.

OP
OP
O

OpenOcean33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the lack of updates... I tried to get some pictures but then my firefish completely disapeared and haven't seen him in about a month now... I have Hope's he will turn up but I'm not sure yet... fingers crossed

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sorry for the lack of updates... I tried to get some pictures but then my firefish completely disapeared and haven't seen him in about a month now... I have Hope's he will turn up but I'm not sure yet... fingers crossed
Sorry:(

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 63 36.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 14.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back