firefish

Reefkeeper14

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am planning my 210 gallon stock list. I would like to add a school of 6-8 fire fish and have some questions. among the other fish im planning on adding are blue hippo and achilles tang, a pair of clowns a blue spot goby and a six line wrasse. my first question is should the fish be okay with the other planned tank mates. my other question is can i add different color varieties of fire fish, red, purple, and helfrichi and them school with each other and not fight.
Thanks in advance

caudill187

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They should be fine with that group of fish and should school together fine also. They are timid in nature, but I don't see any on your list that would definitely be bullies. I'd say the clowns would be the #1 suspects, but I think they would probably be fine. I would only add that in my experience, they don't care for a ton of flow.

tinctorus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They should be fine with that group of fish and should school together fine also. They are timid in nature, but I don't see any on your list that would definitely be bullies. I'd say the clowns would be the #1 suspects, but I think they would probably be fine. I would only add that in my experience, they don't care for a ton of flow.

I would agree about the clowns, However I would also say the 6 line wrasse will be a most likely suspect...They can get VERY aggressive towards other fish in a tank

I would suggest switching the 6 line wrasse for one of the flasher/fairy wrasse species, OR if you are dead set on a 6 line make sure you add him last once all the other fish are WELL established in the tank

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 48 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 29 21.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back