First aquascape, looking for feedback

OscarHaglund

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am making my first aquascape for my first ever aquarium. The inspiration is the HNSAs made by BRStv, although I am using different (second hand) rock.
545F1638-9DA4-47E6-90C4-FDB30738A298.jpeg

A637EA63-8C85-4553-9DAD-3C26F84D19DC.jpeg

The free floating sections are smaller because i found it hard to work with the pukani rock, the rock itself is a bit fragile and the attachment points are often small.

The right side if the scape is intentionally left more open in order to allow for a good viewing angle from my home office desk.

The “tree” on the right looks a bit funky but it has several caves and I’m planning on putting GSPs on the top of the 3 main branches.

Looking for feedback before i go over it all with more epoxy and put it in a tub of water

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am reminded of rock monsters from movies and cartoons. IMO They look too vertical and not much space for coral placement. What size tank are you using?

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm really liking it! But my problem is that your forms are like a Rorschach test, so I'm seeing things. :oops: Can't wait to see these set up in the tank.

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm really liking it! But my problem is that your forms are like a Rorschach test, so I'm seeing things. :oops: Can't wait to see these set up in the tank.
OK so it's not just me. I see like two rock creatures. One looks like it is holding a flat rock in its arms. The other looks like it is looking at the other one as if it is being presented a rock as a gift. The 3rd piece reminds me of a multi headed dragon?

OP
OP
OscarHaglund

OscarHaglund

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am reminded of rock monsters from movies and cartoons. IMO They look too vertical and not much space for coral placement. What size tank are you using?
Looking at it again I agree its quite a lot of verticality and it would be better if there were more sloping planes for coral placement. That turned out to be very difficult to achieve though, but I’ll see if there is anything I can do.
The tank will be 90 cm wide 57 deep and 55 tall. Outlines can be seen on the cardboard

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 132 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 6.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back