First aquascape

alp75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all. I'm just getting into the hobby. I have my tank and plumbing done. Now working on the aquascape design. What are your thoughts on this design? Right now it is just held with gravity and will attempt to secure it somehow.
20190209_183946.jpeg

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also think it looks great....just be careful how close those rocks get to the side and front glass (assuming that is the aquarium dimensions underneath the rock?) Glass will become covered with algae and you might not be able to clean it with rock being that close. Welcome to the site :):)!!

OP
OP
A

alp75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also think it looks great....just be careful how close those rocks get to the side and front glass (assuming that is the aquarium dimensions underneath the rock?) Glass will become covered with algae and you might not be able to clean it with rock being that close. Welcome to the site :):)!!
Thank you and thanks for the advice about not getting too close to the glass. Yes, the board underneath is the shape/size of the tank. I might have to do something a little different on the left end.

OP
OP
A

alp75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R

Your rock looks nice and yes lol on getting it in the tank the same. Easier said than done. :)
Thanks! Yes, indeed. Getting them in there the same way will be the challenge. I did take several pictures, a video around front and back, and attached marked zip ties to each piece in the Hope's of getting the puzzle back together. Lol.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 144 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back