First Attempt with NSA Aquascape

ThatPhillyReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am Setting up a 110 gallon reef tank. this is the start of my NSA aqua scape. this is my very first time doing it at the age of 14.
I want to know your opinion and thoughts on this aqua scape.

4B20CFD2-0E29-4CE5-A1E8-7ACA97769EC3.jpeg

cshouston

Hoopy Frood
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not bad! Great job putting that together. Personally, I think you could use more rock in general, or at least some kind of bio-brick media in the sump, to increase the surface area for beneficial bacteria.

If you stay with that amount of rock, I’d scoot it to the right some in accordance with the rule of thirds. Google “rule of thirds” for more information about this concept. It will make it look more aesthetically pleasing.

OP
OP
ThatPhillyReefer

ThatPhillyReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Not bad! Great job putting that together. Personally, I think you could use more rock in general, or at least some kind of bio-brick media in the sump, to increase the surface area for beneficial bacteria.

If you stay with that amount of rock, I’d scoot it to the right some in accordance with the rule of thirds. Google “rule of thirds” for more information about this concept. It will make it look more aesthetically pleasing.
That’s just the right side i’m not done yet but i will post pics when fully finished

Weasel1960

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your off to a great start. I would recommend (if you haven’t already) going to the Bulk Reef Supply (BRS) website. They have some great videos on Aquascaping and one on NSA in particular. They talk about the rule of thirds with examples. You might also find that video on You Tube. Keep s posted on your progress.

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks really good...keep that up throughout the whole tank and you will have a great foundation for a sweet SPS tank.

Ashish Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is one of the nicer NSA scapes, I like it when you can space out corals with less rockwork and you have achieved that, also the way the light hits the rock is important, not much wasted real estate i can see.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back