First Build - Aquatop Recife Eco 24g

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tunze 1073.008. The sicci was to strong for my system.
Here is a pic of the sicci. I removed the shield for a better fit. Plumbing is 1/2" pvc with small flexable tubing at the end that fits the in tank return.
20220110_172444.jpg

Machidalgo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah okay, that makes a lot of sense, maybe my sicce was too loud because it was too close or touching the glass, I took the plastic shroud off just not that grill guard. Thanks for that fast response by the way, I just ordered that Tunze off of Amazon, did you leave the guard on for that one as well or did you take it off? It looks like a SICCE pump design.

As for the outflow nozzle is the stock one just with the duck bill removed? Is that for just better spread for surface agitation or personal preference?

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank looks great! I've been looking into upgrading the pump as well but every pump I try is far louder than the stock one/too big for the space.

I've tried the SICCE 1.5 (just barely fit but was waaay too loud) & Jebao 1200. Which tunze model do you have and how's the noise?

Also, did you replace the plumbing with a bulkhead? I'm curious where you got that because mine leaks ever so slightly and I have no idea where to purchase the pipes etc. Still fairly new to this all.
Tank looks great! I've been looking into upgrading the pump as well but every pump I try is far louder than the stock one/too big for the space.

I've tried the SICCE 1.5 (just barely fit but was waaay too loud) & Jebao 1200. Which tunze model do you have and how's the noise?

Also, did you replace the plumbing with a bulkhead? I'm curious where you got that because mine leaks ever so slightly and I have no idea where to purchase the pipes etc. Still fairly new to this all.
Here is the Tunze. I just ran a flexible hose from the pump to the return nozzle. Works well with no noise.
20220719_105925.jpg

Machidalgo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I replaced the duckbill with a regular. The Tunze is used without removing anything.
It just spreads out the flow some. I run a jebao ow-25 for flow.
Awesome, thanks! The stock pump is working okay, I have a Nero for flow but I feel like I'm just not getting enough surface agitation with the stock pump. I don't have a protein skimmer (the stock one crapped out before I even had a chance to use it), so I want to make sure there's enough oxygen.

I should be getting that Tunze delivered tomorrow from Amazon and then I'll be heading out to home depot or something to get some tubing and fittings. Thanks again!

undertai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice startup! You really dont need a skimmer on that system. Im a skimmer guy and do not run one on the exact same tank and my tank is all sps. I run a small basket in chamber one with floss for mechanical and a bag of carbon in chamber 2. The 3 baskets have eheim substrate pro in 2 and matrix in on. I did upgrade the return pump to a small Tunze. My Tunze ato keeps sg in check.
Here is the basket and my current system. Good luck and keep the pics comming.
20220110_170103.jpg

20220505_160330.jpg
What did you use for the filter basket in the first chamber?

undertai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice startup! You really dont need a skimmer on that system. Im a skimmer guy and do not run one on the exact same tank and my tank is all sps. I run a small basket in chamber one with floss for mechanical and a bag of carbon in chamber 2. The 3 baskets have eheim substrate pro in 2 and matrix in on. I did upgrade the return pump to a small Tunze. My Tunze ato keeps sg in check.
Here is the basket and my current system. Good luck and keep the pics comming.
20220110_170103.jpg

20220505_160330.jpg
What did you use for the basket in the first chamber? Thanks

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What did you use for the basket in the first chamber? Thanks
First chamber is nothing but a small hangon cup that holds a 4x4 piece of floss.
Second chamber nothing.
Third chamber is 2 baskets of Ehiem substrate pro and 1 basket of matrix.
I do have a bag of rox, 1 cup, in a nylon bag hanging in chamber 1.

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 46 34.6%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 21.1%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.5%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 35 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back