First dry rock scape

Billabong

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,
Need critique please. This is my first go at a dry rock aquascape. Epoxied and super glued. I tried for NSA and it's far from it, but I kinda like it. I'm not sure about the two small arches connecting the shelves.

TIA!
20220326_155306.jpg

Beau_B

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree, more nooks and crannys would be good depending on what fish you want to keep.

I've also learned from my own design that tall/vertical structures with sheer sides aren't great for coral placement. I want more flat spots/terrace.

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally would try to add more "branches" (think trees) using small pieces of rock glued together......make it more random than the 5 columns with two shelf rocks. Off to a great start though!

Woodyman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally would try to add more "branches" (think trees) using small pieces of rock glued together......make it more random than the 5 columns with two shelf rocks. Off to a great start though!

My thought as well, the concept is there and it's off to a great start. Just needs more randomness and less linearity! I'd also say build more on that center piece out and to the left or right angled.

Back