OP
OP
D

DrEggroll

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just moved the rock cave where the goby was hanging out and didn’t see a carcass. My wife saw the pistol shrimp in caves throughout the entire tank from down below.

BostonReefer300

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have any experience with starfish. I wonder if yours could've eaten his carcass. Do you have any other crabs besides that emerald I saw? I really hope the goby is hiding somewhere. I had one disappear years ago for week in my old 210G and thought for sure he was crab food. Then the shrimp went missing too. Two weeks later I found both of them in a new cave at the very back of my tank facing the wall. Never could convince them to move back front.

OP
OP
D

DrEggroll

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have any experience with starfish. I wonder if yours could've eaten his carcass. Do you have any other crabs besides that emerald I saw? I really hope the goby is hiding somewhere. I had one disappear years ago for week in my old 210G and thought for sure he was crab food. Then the shrimp went missing too. Two weeks later I found both of them in a new cave at the very back of my tank facing the wall. Never could convince them to move back front.
I have two peppermint shrimp the emerald crab and a handful of hermits. The sand sifting star was always out moving around but haven’t seen him in some time. Hopefully just buried now that the sand is a little more aged. Or dead and I haven’t looked for him. I have my rocks where I like them and don’t want to do a full tear down. Wasn’t in the one area I can easily take down. I’m going to just keep an eye out for now. The pistol shrimp I’m not sure what’s it’s eating but it has tunnels throughout the entire tank

Crashjack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yellow watchman gobies can hide for quite a long time. I've gone well over a month without seeing, only to see later. I've also had one wind up in my sump that I found weeks after it was missing (found alive and well). I certainly wouldn't tear up the tank looking for a yellow watchman goby. Even If it is dead, you might not find it, and you might ruin the surprise of it coming out some time down the road.

Nhjmc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pellets a little in the AM along with frozen mysis. Usually two more mysis feedings. Everyone loves mysis. My long nosed hawk doesn’t like the other seafood mix so that’s why I haven’t been feeding it as much
You could pick up some frozen Saltwater multi pack cubes or frozen reef multi pack cubes that each has four varieties. My clowns seem to really like frozen brine, fish eggs and frozen cyclops they don't really like frozen mysis. They love love love live tig pods.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 34.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 17 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 17.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 17 24.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back