OP
Z

ziggyjane07

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Put some in a bag. Rinse it for a min under tap water. Then place it in your sump in a high flow spot. Measure the difference after 2 days then 4 days. This will give you an idea of how much product it takes to reduce it a certain amount. Po4 will get used up naturally as green, brown, red and other stuff starts to grow on your rocks. Dont panic its all in the process. As stated above your tank will go thru a lot of changes before becomming stable.
Good luck with your tank.
Thank you!

OP
OP
Z

ziggyjane07

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
28.67 parts per billion = 0.02867 parts per million. Call it nearly zero and safe.
I agree everything looks fine, and the phosphate isn't a problem for fish.

I would have spent a little more time cycling before adding fish, but with the Dr. Tim's bacteria maybe you'll be okay. I would monitor ammonia daily for at least a week after adding the clowns to make sure it doesn't get above 0.25 ppm or so.
I’ll monitor it for sure! Thanks. The 2 clowns i got are tiny as, do they make a big difference in a tank such as redsea 525xl?
Again thanks

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll monitor it for sure! Thanks. The 2 clowns i got are tiny as, do they make a big difference in a tank such as redsea 525xl?
Again thanks

2 clowns will not add much ammonia, unless you over feed. This is less of a problem if you feed live or frozen foods. Pellets can be an issue. They fall to the bottom and fish usually wont eat them off the bottom. Smaller fish require smaller food sizes.

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
28.67 parts per billion = 0.02867 parts per million. Call it nearly zero and safe.
I agree everything looks fine, and the phosphate isn't a problem for fish.

I would have spent a little more time cycling before adding fish, but with the Dr. Tim's bacteria maybe you'll be okay. I would monitor ammonia daily for at least a week after adding the clowns to make sure it doesn't get above 0.25 ppm or so.
Just to help him get a better idea about the fish-less cycling with Dr. Tim’s One and Only:

Just a Wrasse.

The biggest wrasse fan.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NH4 is the non toxic kind
Po4 is high but will not harm your fish. It will cause algae to grow and should be reduced to around 0.1 to avoid such problems
Agreed.

Welcome to R2R!

A91466B2-6F65-4C00-A0B2-35C13F04023C.gif

OP
OP
Z

ziggyjane07

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 clowns will not add much ammonia, unless you over feed. This is less of a problem if you feed live or frozen foods. Pellets can be an issue. They fall to the bottom and fish usually wont eat them off the bottom. Smaller fish require smaller food sizes.
Yeh thanks for that, so far they weren’t really eating so I have feed some suspension food and tonight tried frozen mysis, which I guess they are still learning about feed times I guess??
Is twice a day to much? I only give a little because they are tiny? But not real sure when to start adding anything else?

Did about 10% water change today and seemed to help the parameters come back into a nice range again.

Thank you

Back