First frag tank advice

WIReefer

608 MOD SQUAD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am setting up my first frag tank this weekend will be putting a AI prime light on it. I will be cleaning it as well it’s dirty lol picked it up for $20. Any advice would help guys thanks.

F7DBE8E0-580D-43C5-B48D-DC7EB4E441E6.jpeg

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Congratulations on the frag tank! What is the volume and dimensions? Do you have a plan for what type of corals you want to grow? I'm wondering if a single AI Prime will be enough to provide full, even coverage (if not you could could put lower light corals around the edges until if and when you add more lighting). It looks like an AIO - did it come with a return pump? What are you plans for flow above and below the frag rack? Good luck with whatever you decide!!! :)

OP
OP
WIReefer

WIReefer

608 MOD SQUAD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congratulations on the frag tank! What is the volume and dimensions? Do you have a plan for what type of corals you want to grow? I'm wondering if a single AI Prime will be enough to provide full, even coverage (if not you could could put lower light corals around the edges until if and when you add more lighting). It looks like an AIO - did it come with a return pump? What are you plans for flow above and below the frag rack? Good luck with whatever you decide!!! :)
I believe it’s a 10 gallon and by the looks of it it’s a 24 x 24” has a little refugee on the back and it came with a return pump for corals I’ll prolly have some basic sps and some soft corals. One prime might be okay for it not sure yet. I was thinking I could put some shrooms on the outside I mostly purchased this tank for quarantine the corals since I am battling a ich outbreak right now I am not taking any more chances. Lol and for the flow I will be purchasing just a small powerhead was thinking a mp10 but that might be too much was thinking a vortech because I have them on DT and QT tank and love them.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I believe it’s a 10 gallon and by the looks of it it’s a 24 x 24” has a little refugee on the back and it came with a return pump for corals I’ll prolly have some basic sps and some soft corals. One prime might be okay for it not sure yet. I was thinking I could put some shrooms on the outside I mostly purchased this tank for quarantine the corals since I am battling a ich outbreak right now I am not taking any more chances. Lol and for the flow I will be purchasing just a small powerhead was thinking a mp10 but that might be too much was thinking a vortech because I have them on DT and QT tank and love them.

Sounds like a reasonable plan! If it is a 24x24x8 then that puts it at about a 20g frag tank. You may also want to do a search for AIO frag tanks to see what others are putting in the filter section.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 117 58.5%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 61 30.5%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 73 36.5%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 34 17.0%
  • Other

Votes: 58 29.0%
Back