First Home First Saltwater Experience

shecky1992

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning!
I recently just purchased my first home! Super pumped!
Along with house some items were included. One of those items was a saltwater fish tank...

I have ZERO experience with fish. However, I am no stranger to animals needing a little extra love having several larger reptiles. Right now I am “exploring” the idea of keeping the saltwater tank ,but have no idea what I am working with the current setup.

I took some photos below and wanted to run it by this community to see what I am working.
Coule someone point me in the right direction? There are two tanks I think its some type of filter system?

375E71BE-4BA1-4169-B103-0AD5BA9DA154.jpeg

EE356259-868A-4B6D-B349-20063885BFB4.jpeg
9BD9D21D-C720-47C8-A0E0-9E2BC633D02C.jpeg

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
#WelcometoR2R and congratulations on your new home!!! It looks like you have an in-wall display tank (DT) and a sump. Here are a few resources that you might find helpful:

We're glad you're here!

Seffner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

giphy.gif

At least you have a head start on your tank. This hobby takes patience, but you if you put the time in to do your research, it is very manageable.

A couple of things that might help are the professionals (at local fish stores - LFS) and members of a reef keepers club if there is one in your area.

You will get any number of different answers when you ask people the same question, but there is almost always a generally accepted answer that will help you out.

Finally, this is a great place to ask questions. I'm fairly new here, but one thing that has impressed me so far is the friendly, patient way people respond to beginner's questions. Unless someone asks questions and keeps arguing about the answers they get, everyone is super helpful and non-judgemental.

Keep us updated on your progress!

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coolsville.gif

Welcome to R2R! Looks like you've bought into a pretty nice system. If you intend to take on the challenge of entering the reef world (which I highly recommend), be warned that it will require time, patience and a certain amount of financial obligation. There will be setbacks, frustration, and an amazing journey of caring for a delicate and beautiful ecosystem. You've got a lot of research to do, and the links above will point you in the right direction. Even with all of the info available, I can guarantee you'll have plenty of questions. That's what R2R is all about.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
This should be exciting. Welcome to the R2R community !!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back