First ICP test, what actions should i take? Aluminum, silicon, vanadium, zinc

neyes_ice

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here are the area's of concern

system is 40Breeder display, minimal rockscape so I have 2 boxes of MP spheres.
I would not want to overreact by removing the spheres.
corals are not happy, lost torches and acans. polyp extensions are not ideal.

planing to use brightwell purit, because I have been suspecting metals before the ICP result came in.

Any suggestions?

should i also dose iodine and manganese?
the recommendation is a little vague.

with the iodine, do i dose 0.06ml per day for 3 days and then?
with manganese dose 0.21ml for 1 day and then? do they mean 0.21ml daily?

Thanks

ATI ICP.JPG

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
should i also dose iodine and manganese?
the recommendation is a little vague.

with the iodine, do i dose 0.06ml per day for 3 days and then?
with manganese dose 0.21ml for 1 day and then? do they mean 0.21ml daily?
As I understand it - you should dose 0.18 ml total but divided into 3 days of iodine and total 0.21 ml of manganese but all dosed the same day.

This is finetuning and you should concentrate on bringing some of the others figures down. However - there could be more reasons for you problems than heavy metals, Whats your PO4 and NO3 values?

About the MP products

I note to this is that I used Siporax (another ceramic produkt) in anaerobic environment - the result of this was a Si concentration of around 20 000 µg/L - see chart below. 2017-12-17 I had around 20 000 µg/L. No regular WC since june 2017 Take out the Siporax around 2018-1-10 and more than 80 % WC during two weeks. We have seen the same with other compounds containing silica during anaerobic circumstances leaking Si. However - during aerobic environment - they seems not to leak

1613466942636.png

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
N

neyes_ice

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As I understand it - you should dose 0.18 ml total but divided into 3 days of iodine and total 0.21 ml of manganese but all dosed the same day.

This is finetuning and you should concentrate on bringing some of the others figures down. However - there could be more reasons for you problems than heavy metals, Whats your PO4 and NO3 values?

About the MP products

I note to this is that I used Siporax (another ceramic produkt) in anaerobic environment - the result of this was a Si concentration of around 20 000 µg/L - see chart below. 2017-12-17 I had around 20 000 µg/L. No regular WC since june 2017 Take out the Siporax around 2018-1-10 and more than 80 % WC during two weeks. We have seen the same with other compounds containing silica during anaerobic circumstances leaking Si. However - during aerobic environment - they seems not to leak

1613466942636.png

Sincerely Lasse
thanks Lasse, i get that part with the initial dosing, but how do i maintain that. do the same dose after a week? PO4 is .03 and N03 is 5

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use Triton - not ATI - but they recommend in the same way and it is the only dosing you do until next ICP test. When this test have been done - you can do a preliminary calculation of your daily consumption and put your doser to dose a daily dose.

IMO - PO4 is rather low especially compared with you NO3 level. There is studies that indicate bleaching caused by phosphorous limitation at these rates. The same studies indicate that PO4 concentrations above 0.05 do not cause this in-depended of the NO3 level

Sincerely Lasse

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back