First Live-Rock Aquascape, amount of LR, advice, help etc!

Jakewatt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
I've set up the first batch of Live rock, used aquaforest cement, works pretty good! (i bought the rocks from a previous owner with the tank 2nd hand), i'm guessing there's 25kg but really i have no idea...

It's my first setup, so any advice is greatly appreciated! I think i need to add another 20kg of LR, create a large base to get everything higher....?

Here's what it looks like for now - what do you think ????

IMG_9784.JPG

IMG_9779.JPG

IMG_9782.JPG

FishDooD65

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it looks great! I guess i'm more of a less is more type of person and i think it looks great the way it is. I wouldn't dwell much on the amount of rock, it seems like you have plenty in there. Just remember to be patient and let the tank mature and progress. Slow and steady will yield great results, good luck!

Mr.Alex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is an awesome aquascape!! You can 100% do a minimal amount of rock, what some people will do for extra filtration in that case is use something called marine pure it comes in various sizes and will fit in your sump or in the back of your all in one system.
Screenshot_20170519-074308~2.png

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/nano-zeovit-tanks.306033/page-2

Mikedawg

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
I've set up the first batch of Live rock, used aquaforest cement, works pretty good! (i bought the rocks from a previous owner with the tank 2nd hand), i'm guessing there's 25kg but really i have no idea...

It's my first setup, so any advice is greatly appreciated! I think i need to add another 20kg of LR, create a large base to get everything higher....?

Here's what it looks like for now - what do you think ????

IMG_9784.JPG

IMG_9779.JPG

IMG_9782.JPG
Looks good, plenty of space for corals and room/margins for flow and cleaning

Mr.Alex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Egg crate is in a low light area, it would take some time but it would look bad add to have different colored sponges dominate that area.

OP
OP
Jakewatt

Jakewatt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love it. You are going to cover up the egg crate right?
Yes! ;) i think i'm gonna buy a few extra kgs of rock and use them to build a base, on which the rest will sit upon. So egg crate definitely hidden. And left side also on egg-crate.

Thanx for your messages! i indeed like the design as it is, but i certainly don't want to under-size the amount of live rock... thats just calling for trouble :cool:
As for Marine Pure blocks, difficult to find in France... and bloody expensive for merely a "pumice stone" ;Shamefullyembarrased

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 47 48.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 52 53.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 22 22.4%
  • None.

Votes: 26 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 9.2%
Back