FIRST LOOK: Algae Scrubber-Friendly Sump from IceCap!

OP
Jeff@CoralVue

[email protected]

Proud R2R Sponsor
View Badges
Reaction score
Ok thanks. Would you have the tank water run through it at the beginning of the sump or at the end before going back to the tank?
The good news is either works. At the beginning there will be more nutrient-rich water since it hasn't gone through all of the stages of filtration you have going on in your sump, but it's going to perform for you either way.

nly04

View Badges
Reaction score
I just saw this IceCap Turf Scrubber on my email from CoralVue aquarium product and very interest in getting a 60W model for my 150gal DT tank. I seen some other nice scrubber on the market and want to give them a try, too. I am still debate which one I should get. Is there any discount or promotion price for this new product (IceCap 60w Turf Scrubber Medium SKU: IC-AGS-200) that can help to make my decision easier? lol

915MANG

View Badges
Reaction score
Here are some pictures of an algae-scrubber friendly sump design that IceCap is developing.

What do you think?

We have 3 different sized algae scrubbers.

Should we make different sized sumps to accommodate each of them?

Thank you in advance for your feedback!

Jeff! I like the design overall. But Im looking at the connections and I think it could be improved. The Inlet should be closer to the return pump. Or hard plumbing should be included. Really I would move it to the opposite side. I do like the Ball Valve so you can adjust the flow, gate valve would be sweet too.

I also noticed the it has some pvc on side of the dosing lines. Are those optional hook up points? Id like to see the bottom of the scrubber and the screen if possible.

It looks like a quality sump and scrubber! Especially if you have a nano. You dont see many nanos with a full size ATS!

Im liking the FUGE section too!

OP
Jeff@CoralVue

[email protected]

Proud R2R Sponsor
View Badges
Reaction score
Ok thanks
You're welcome!

I just saw this IceCap Turf Scrubber on my email from CoralVue aquarium product and very interest in getting a 60W model for my 150gal DT tank. I seen some other nice scrubber on the market and want to give them a try, too. I am still debate which one I should get. Is there any discount or promotion price for this new product (IceCap 60w Turf Scrubber Medium SKU: IC-AGS-200) that can help to make my decision easier? lol
We do not sell direct to consumer (except for things like plumbing and parts), but Black Friday is just around the corner! Maybe your favorite aquarium store will have something going on... ;)

[email protected]

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Here are some pictures of an algae-scrubber friendly sump design that IceCap is developing.

What do you think?

We have 3 different sized algae scrubbers.

Should we make different sized sumps to accommodate each of them?

Thank you in advance for your feedback!

Very cool designs, Jeff!

jd371

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I'm looking to get an algae turf scrubber soon and liking yours but the only thing I would like to see changed is the spray bar. Instead of holes that will eventually get clogged I'd like if it was slotted. Any plans on doing this in the future? If so I will definitely consider this scrubber.

OP
Jeff@CoralVue

[email protected]

Proud R2R Sponsor
View Badges
Reaction score
I'm looking to get an algae turf scrubber soon and liking yours but the only thing I would like to see changed is the spray bar. Instead of holes that will eventually get clogged I'd like if it was slotted. Any plans on doing this in the future? If so I will definitely consider this scrubber.
I can't confirm as of this moment, but this is something we are actively discussing. Early adopters have been very forthcoming with their feedback and have provided us with helpful photos of improvements they've made. We are considering it all, I assure you. We are very appreciative of the R2R community for helping us to create the best possible products (while keeping prices reasonable for the Average Joe).

Which tank do you think is more functional for a family? (click to see photos)

• A. Fireplace Tank

Votes: 64 23.9%
  • B. Stair Tank

Votes: 15 5.6%
  • C. Bed Tank

Votes: 11 4.1%
  • D. Table Tank

Votes: 29 10.8%
  • E. Cabinet Tank

Votes: 149 55.6%

Online statistics

Members online